cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 176

Re: Call Protect - last call number not showing

And when it doesn't appear online in the recent calls, and you try and block it via the phone, it quite often comes back as number not recognised.  This suggests there's a leak on the call protect system if it lets a call through to the phone when in reality it should be blocked.  Just a thought

Message 162 of 176

Hi swatty,

You can still Add a number to your Block List where the latest received call is not appearing in the Recent Calls List.

Use the "Add number" button and enter the number you wish to add to your Block List.
I've done this several times.

The change that BT could make to the program code is
When you use 1572 and select "1" to add last number to your personal block list,  the program code checks is the last number received a genuine phone number - BT should comment off that code, so any received number (regardless has it been added to the recent calls list or not) will be added to you block list.

Cheers

Michaelb007

Message 163 of 176

It would be great if BT, before letting a call through to ring on your phone, checked to see if it's a genuine phone number. If not, don't put it through. Alas, most scammers use fake numbers but phone companies don 't check and allow the call through so they can BILL for the phone call.

I believe the term is spoofying. Which is NOT illegal.  In fact, BT will know the actual caller's phone number (so they can bill) but the you only receive the caller's ID they sent through. 

Michael007b

Message 164 of 176

Hi Michael,

This really is getting tortuous!

1572 option 1 says 'Welcome to Call Protect. To add the last incoming call to your blocklist press 1' When you press 1 the message changes to 'the last call answered was XXXXX' then 'to add this number to your blocklist press 1 or to cancel press 0'

In my case, the last call I answered had appeared in my Recent Callers list and I had blocked it via the website, so when I selected 1 to block it it said the number was already blocked. Fair enough, but I have had two calls since that number; one appeared in Recent Callers and one didn't.

I had blocked the one that did online - or thought I had. However, that was a call I hadn't answered and 1572 didn't mention it or the other number which I had actually answered - I hope you're following all this! - so it looks as if 1572 only allows you to block calls you have answered and is missing some calls altogether whether answered or not.

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 176

Hi swatty,

I never answer calls that do not show a name (i.e. not in my contacts list) and let the answer phone kick in.  Scammers never leave a message, So, ALL my calls are answered.

There are two problem here.

1. BT system sometimes does not store all recent calls in the Recent Calls List even when a phone number is genuine

2. Call Protect will not add a number to your personal block list that BT has determined (correctly) is unrecognisable   

No idea why issue 1 is occurring

Issue 2 is a simple code change

Message 166 of 176

Hi Michael.

I don't have an answerphone facility on my landline as all my contacts call me on my mobile and I can see all the numbers that call on the phone's stored list but as 99% of the landline calls are scams it would be good to have a reliable way to block them. Call Protect clearly is failing on that score.

Message 167 of 176

Hi Swatty and Michael! great you're on board with us Michael. As Swatty says it's getting torturous with all these scenarios! I'm struggling to keep up! Really appreciate you adding some weight behind this as it's been dragging on for months! Whereabouts are you located ? Me and Swatty are both in Bucks.

0 Ratings
Message 168 of 176

It's a small world guys.

I live in South Bucks 😀

Message 169 of 176

I'm High Wycombe area. HP10. Swatty is Princes Risborough.
0 Ratings
Message 170 of 176

I live in Wexham.

Amazing we live so close giving BT covers the whole of the UK