cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Call Protect list of blocked numbers.

Go to solution

Hi all

I hope this is the correct area to post this.

I have a problem where some inbound calls are being blocked when they shouldn't be with the message "This number has bt screening and this person does not wish to accept your call". I believe there is (or was) an online section in my account where I can see the list of blocked numbers and am able to delete/unblock numbers from it.

However, I can't find it anywhere. The only reference I can find tells to call 1572, which only allows me to turn the bt blocklist on or off. I don't want to turn it off completely, I simply want to edit it.

Can someone point me in the right direction please

Thank you.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Call Protect list of blocked numbers.

Go to solution

is it possible that the blocking is being done by your actual phone?  which phone version do you have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your response. I have digital voice so I have the latest handset, but I can't see anything about  the BT blocklist on there.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

you have to login to MYBT and you will see the blocked number there under digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks again. In MyBT home page I can't see any link for Digital Voice. Under 'Your Products' Click on 'Manage'' I then see a link for 'Digital Voice'. Clicking on 'Manage' takes me to Digital Voice features where I see a link to manage 'Call Protect'. Clicking on that takes me to 'Call Protect', 'Your Blacklist' (which is empty) and 'Your Recent Calls'. Under 'Call Protect' I see a message stating I need to call 1572. There's no link to manage the blocklist.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

If your blacklist is empty, you haven't blacklisted the number. If there are numbers in the blacklist they can be managed.

blacklist.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Yes, my Blacklist is empty and is switched off, but I'm still having problems with inbound calls being rejected. So I'm presuming the numbers for these callers are on the BT Blacklist, which I believe is separate to My Blacklist - My question is how to manage BT Blacklist

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

before moving to digital voice did you have a phone which enable you to block calls or make callers announce themselves?

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Yes, I still have a trio of non-digital voice handsets (not very old) which do allow blocking.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Just use those instead. Just plug the base station into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

Tags (1)