cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Caller ID not working with Digital Voice Adapter

@imjollywrote:

If caller ID works sometimes with adapter can you try  on a DV phone going to settings,phone settings,line settings,call settings and then change call mode from multi to single and see if that helps

I'd try but I have no idea how to do that.  When you say 'DV phone' do you mean any phone connected to the hub or a special phone?

I can find no multi/single call mode setting I can change on the hub or via My BT.    The BT Help Page says I should be able to via My BT but actually My BT only presents these only customisation options

Call Protect, Voicemail Essentials, Call Diversion, Call Waiting, Call Barring 

So I'm lost

See screengrab:

dfNs5ck

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

@Stevek1311 

you need a DV phone which is usually supplied by BT - choice is normally 1 advanced DV phone or 2 essential DV phones or 1 DV adapter.  you appear to have opted for adapter

there are a lot of settings which  you need phone as not part of MYBT

you may be able to phone CS 150 and see if you can persuade CS to sent essential phone free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Well I have a written letter from BT that most would read as saying all my then services (ie incl Caller ID) would work through the Digital Voice Adapter.  And it's plain ridiculous to advertise that settings can be adjusted via My BT if in fact they can't.

Without an input from BT here to the contrary, it's hard to escape the conclusion that this whole DV roll out by BT is a complete Horlicks.  They just haven't done a proper use case model based assessment and frankly have way too many dots that just don't join up.  They should suspend it until all those roll out design issues are fixed - and they are all easily fixable IF the will is there. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

@Stevek1311 

Its perfectly possible the caller ID can only be enabled on one of the analogue presented connections, either the port on the home hub, or the port on the DV adapter, selected of course by a BT DV phone which you do not have.

It would need someone who has both a DV phone, and a DV adapter to prove this.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Very possible.  Which would further back my 'use case' comment. 

Think we've exhausted your and  imjolly's considerable expertise and many thanks both for your time.  

Let's see if BT comment here

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@Stevek1311 

Its perfectly possible the caller ID can only be enabled on one of the analogue presented connections, either the port on the home hub, or the port on the DV adapter, selected of course by a BT DV phone which you do not have.

It would need someone who has both a DV phone, and a DV adapter to prove this.

there are no settings in the DV phones about caller ID

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 29

Quick update

So I used the Tech Support chat, was promised a solution in 24 hours.  Guess what, no solution.  Today I get an email 'would I recommend the Digital Voice Adapter?'

Well right now I'd likely say there are more attractive paper weights because as a phone extender it's pretty useless unless you want to step back to 1980 functionality

But will give tech support another ping 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

I read through posts but couldn't see if you had gone to hub manager then select your phone number then reset base station and see if that helps as you would need to re-pair the DVA to hub

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

@imjollywrote:

I read through posts but couldn't see if you had gone to hub manager then select your phone number then reset base station and see if that helps as you would need to re-pair the DVA to hub

Do you mean Restart (I'm guessing not) or Reset to Factory settings (which is a right pain afterwards)?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

No

If you go to hub manager then select your phone number then you should see reset base which is resetting just the dect base station