cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can Hardly Hear Speaker

I've just recently shifted to Home Essentials 2 but I can just about hear the speaker on the far end of the phone even holding it up to my ear - six inches and nothing!

looking over the community I've seen this issue raised on a number of occasions, I wonder how common it is and what BT response has been.  Is there a fix? At the moment I've plugged in my old analog phone into one of the yellow sockets at the rear of the router and while it has increased the volume there is a background interference

I've reset the hub through my iPad and also via the reset button at the rear of the router but that doesn't seem to work. When I visit my home manager  192..... all the areas are greyed out and from what I've seen on the internet they should be blue, does that indicate a particular problem, or maybe something more serious

Anyway thanks for any suggestions and a Happy New Year to all.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can Hardly Hear Speaker

first your analog phone should not be connected to the lan yellow ports but it should be connected to the green port for phones on back of hub

when you go to hub manager 192 etc can you see your phone number and is it active    if not active the DV will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply.  My mistake I just glanced at it quickly it is in the right port, it's my Hue light that is in the yellow port.

Yes my phone is activated but I'm wondering if the fact that all of the Hub Manager is showing grey has anything to do with it. See image

As a matter of interest I got to the Home manager by typing 192.168.1.xxx int my  browser how do i reach that via the the MyBt app?

Thanks for your help to date

kah22_0-1672586633414.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The grey look was adopted a while back & is normal.