cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Can anyone tell me how to install number with held -previously had

If the EE mods are as tenacious as the BT ones , you may get a quicker answer on the forum, failing that Twitter/X enquiries ( AFAIK) seem to be dealt with speedily , although I’ve no personal experience not having anything to do with Leon as Donald calls him
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

thank you

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

I really am confused now.....

I contact EE to complain, regarding this as I am no longer BT as one reply points out and yet this is the response I received from BT

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

I am sorry that you were not told at point of sale that we don't provide permanent withhold number on our landlines. Unfortunately you will have to dial 141 before every call if you don't want your number visible. We cannot revert you to a copper landline either, I'm afraid.

I have opened and closed a complaint on your account, as unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about this.

Kind regards,

Digital Resolution Team
BT Consumer

So basically BT have answered and say there is nothing that can be done about this.  So for the last 18 months I have attemped to sort this out and no one has ever told me this is the case.

I would like to know if this was also the case prior to May 24 when my account was migrated to EE.

Please how do I find out.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Well I actually have cleared this up seems BT digital can do this but not EE at this time.

So its 141 in front of a number.   It maybe that in future it is ironed out as all goes over - but had a very sensible chat with a BT agent in Northern Ireland who explained it .  An established BT agent of many years so thanks to him.

Guess this is handy to know for future folk who get moved to EE.

0 Ratings