cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 48

Re: Can't Connect

until your hub shows your phone number and connected you cannot make/receive any DV calls.  once activated you can connect/pair the DV essential phone as I posted and you can connect you existing phone base unit with same cable you used to connect to wall socket into the green phone socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 48

The "Not Configured" message on the Hub Manager webpage shows that DV has not been activated for your account, so you will not be able to use ANY phone, DECT connected or old school corded at the moment.
The problem seems to be with BT's woefully under-trained customer "service" agents, who seem to be incapable of understanding this, or too lazy to bother checking up on it.
I think your best course of action is to raise a formal complaint - this seems to be the only way to get any positive action from BT. I think you can do this online, but another way is to use the "Chat" function. I did this when I had trouble with them provisioning my DV service. I initially only wanted to get information on when I was going to be migrated but after persisting with the Chat, the Agent said the best thing is to raise a complaint, so I did so via the Agent and my issue was resolved within a couple of days.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 48

The picture you posted in message 1 is of a DV phone so you already have all the equipment you need but the "Not Configured" message shown in message 9 shows that no phone service has been provided.

In short, all you need is for BT to pull their finger out and provide you with the service for which you're paying

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 48

"you can connect you existing phone base unit with same cable you used to connect to wall socket into the green phone socket on back of hub"

NO!!!

Phone has only a charging point and NO hole,socket or connection point!.

Perhpas what I need - AND HAVE NEVER BEENGIVEN FROM BT - is a "Base Unit"?

They have been so determined NOT to send me new phones and keep repeating what you are repeating - ie plug phone into hub - IMPOSSIBLE!!

I wish people would listen to me! Ihave been describing my set up to many people many times - and everyone EXPECTS me to have some kind of base unit you can plug things into - but BT NEVER GAVE ME ONE!

I am a women in her 60 who lives alone and has health issues and has moved into a little pensioners sheleterd house!  I do not need all this hassle - cracking up and waited  2 months¬

Have suspiscions that BT don't care too much because I am on "Social Tarriff".

I just  want a working landline to call my other old lady pals who also still use landlines!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 48

You already have a phone that will work on DV but you need to get DV activated before any phone including your existing phone will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 48

NO I CAN'T!

As I wrote and provided images above to describe - the phone I have from BT only connects to the Battery Charging Cradle.

THERE ARE NOT OTHER HOLES / SOCKETS / CONNECTION POINTS ON IT.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 48

Yes you can! but only after BT has turned on your DV service.
Then you can connect your phone that "only connects to the battery charging cable", by pairing it with your Smarthub 2. This uses DECT (radio connection) so it DOESN'T need any cable connection.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 48

GOODBYE!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 48

oh - new info - everyone else has been telling me to connect it to hub via non-existant cable plugged into non-existant socket - thanks

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 48

You can have all the leads in the world and boundless equipment but you still won't be able to make a phone call because, as I said in message 13, you have no telephone service, it has not been provided!!

0 Ratings