cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 53

Re: Can't use phone extension with digital voice. NO MOBILE SIGNAL

How long have you had these phones? The batteries may be coming to end of life and need replacing, they don't last forever. As a quick check you can try substituting the rechargeable batteries in one of your extension phones with normal alkalines but DO NOT PLACE IN THE CHARGING CRADLE. If the phones then work correctly you can fit new rechargeable batteries.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 53

Tha batteries are fine. I have changed them in the past with no issues. The phones are fully charged.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 53

@Lila 

if your main phone base unit is working connected direct to hub - making/receiving calls - then digital voice is working.   the problem now is that your phone base unit is not 'talking' to the extension phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 53

@Lila  did you test calling each set from the other handsets - and could you hear all other handsets on each one?

Coincidences do happen and when changing one thing and something else changes for whatever reason it is human nature to blame the known change regardless. Another user on here found that his WiFi on his SH2 was terrible after switching to FTTP and DV - he eventually traced the problem to the WiFi aerial on his desktop PC not being connected to the PC nothing to do with the actual change by BT.

The symptoms you describe are very difficult for anyone to explain being related to moving to DV (at least at the moment) and seem much more likely to be within the BT3510 system - hence all the questions about that.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 53

Exactly. They have worked perfectly well with a BT hub. DV installed and now they don't.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 53

yet so many other people have had so many problems.... DV is simply not fit for use for all homes. Why one earth they would think it acceptable for a household with limited mobile signal is a mystery yet still they went ahead and it has left us is a very, very difficult and stressful situaltion. I find it baffling that BT can't even help and I have to rely on members of the public. It makes you wonder exactly how my £50 or so a month is being spent.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 53

“I find it baffling that BT can't even help and I have to rely on members of the public”.

The reason for that is that you don’t deploy your more experienced and capable staff on the frontline helpdesk.  A lot of the helpdesk traffic is trivial, (no offense meant to anyone), so you put your newbies on there and deploy the experienced staff on the more difficult backroom stuff.

A lot of the regulars on here are retired telecoms and IT techs etc., so strangely enough, you do tend to get the benefit of more experience on here.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 53

This is absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Digital Voice.

Message 29 of 53

Very true but just offering the OP an explanation for her last statement.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 53

So you agree then that BT value their customers so little that they can't be bothered to provide a help service? There is no point pretending to provide a service if they are staffed with 'newbies' who cannot advise. 

0 Ratings