cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 53

Re: Can't use phone extension with digital voice. NO MOBILE SIGNAL

No, sadly not. It seems ridiculous to move the phone away from the hub when it is plugged into the hub.
I am soon to be an ex-customer of BT as I see no incentive to stay with them. I moved 3 years ago and they would not port my call package so I only have PAYG. Now I have no landline anyway, I am switching to Sky as they work on VOIP and will give me a call package. The broadband is much cheaper and as I have lost BT cloud storage I see no reason to remain a loyal customer to BT.
0 Ratings
Message 52 of 53

Well, unless I’m missing something, or the Sky hub behaves differently to BT’s. You may find you’ll have the same problem in that the Sky hub also has an in built  DECT base station and may interfere with your existing base station. If it doesn’t, then the problem should go away. 

Just so you know, both services - SKY and BT’s Digital Voice - use VoIP (Voice over IP)

In my case I will have to re locate my hub in any case to make it easier to connect to the ONT when I go full- fibre. 

Just curious and perhaps useful to others, did you try moving the Hub and your phone’s base station away from each to see if the issue went away?

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 53

That's my point: one of the things keeping me with BT was a landline. Now I don't have one so I might as well switch to Sky's VOIP as it's much cheaper than BT's VOIP and Sky offers call packages. BT doesn't. At least with Sky if I have the same problems it will be for considerably less cost.
I can't really move the hub far from the phone as obviously the phone has to go into the hub and the hub has to plug into the phone wall socket so...I moved it as high as the phone would stretch. No difference.
Good luck with your switch! I've read some horror stories on here this evening of people being completely cut off after they were switched to DV so I suppose I have to be grateful we have one working phone. How the UK has regressed!
0 Ratings