cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Cancelled linking in error

Hi.  I’ve just upgraded to BT Fibre and at the same time had my landline turned off in error. How can I request it’s turned back on? thanks Stu

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cancelled linking in error

@StuartAdair 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Your physical landmine would have automatically been ceased as part of your upgrade, and your phone service would have been moved over to BT Digital Voice, where your phone would now plug into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

If you asked for broadband only, then you would no longer have a phone service.

Its no longer possible to retain a physical copper phone connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Did you upgrade to a BT Broadband package without a landline (phone) or did you request a BT Broaband Package and landline (phone) and call package?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I upgraded to fibre to the house and missed the bit of the order that said Cease Landline. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You will need to call BT 0330.1234.150 and explain your error to them and see if they can arrange for it to be added to your contract however this may require you to take out a new contract and you may not be able to get your old phone number back.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

That part of the order would not exist. The term "landline" refers to the ability to make and receive phone calls.

Unless you asked to retain a phone service (BT Digital Voice), then it would have automatically been ceased. 

Take a look at your order confirmation, and see if it mentions a phone service / call package.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@StuartAdairwrote:

I upgraded to fibre to the house and missed the bit of the order that said Cease Landline. 

Was your phone service connected by plugging the handset into the master socket or the back of your hub?
If it was the master socket, you had a PSTN voice service that is no longer sold, you'll need to order digital voice and 1 of 2 calling plans (Pay as you go or unlimited minutes)

Changing the order now could delay the broadband upgrade, it is possible to add digital voice to your FTTP service once it goes live, however getting your old number back may not be possible.

0 Ratings