cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Cannot make calls with Digital Voice

Go to solution

That is good advice, thank you.

After a week of trying , we now have phones working, not where we want them, but we can least use them!

I spoke to a BT engineer who said the reason the office phone did not work is because the Wifi has never worked there and the phone needs Wifi to work. 

So we put the 2nd adapter that BT sent us in a socket where it worked in the room next to the office.  We then got a 10m telephone extension cable to plug into it and into our corded phone which now works in the office.

The corded base set is now in the kitchen and its handset is in the bedroom. The phone in the barn is a lost  cause!

It would be preferable to have the Answerphone in the office as that's where the messages are needed.  There is  nowhere in the office to hang the corded phone, and my husband wants a black one.  So not sure about BT's claim that it would not cost anything to switch to DV!

Anyway, thank you to anyone that has posted help on here, all very useful!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

@retrieve wrote:

I spoke to a BT engineer who said the reason the office phone did not work is because the Wifi has never worked there and the phone needs Wifi to work. 

BT engineer clearly clueless as DV doesn't use WiFi, it is DECT

Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Oh dear!

We have just plugged the phone base set into the  phone extension lead and it does work in the office now.  So we are making progress!