cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Chapter of incompetance

I moved house on 2nd October. 

I applied to move my landline number of 40 years  in good time. At least it would have been if BT had not unilaterally cancelled my order. 

In the absence of any communication a week pre move  I chased them up. 

The order having been cancelled ( by them) I was told it was  then too  late to move the number for the move date. The solution ( I was told) was to open a new account with a new phone number and the after moving and once the new nuber was live change the new number back to the old number. 

We did this and as soon as the new number went live I applied to switch it back to the old number. 

Now I was told I was wrongly advised  it was not possible to swith back to the old number. 

I am now being billed for the old account / number and the new account / number. 

I have applied for the old number to be terminated and spent 35 minutes on the phone when I was finally reassured that the old account and number had been closed. 

It has not been closed, it is still live. 

Suggestions as to how I might overcome this extraordinary level of incompetance and at least get my old account closed / and reimbursement of the overcharging arising from its continuance would be welcome. 

I wonder whether this is a commonplace experiance with BT ? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Chapter of incompetance

@RDM1 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators. I have asked one of them to post here.

Message 3 of 10

Many thanks Keith.  I will be interested to see if they take up your invitation and what they have to say. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Incidently Keith if I was BT I would be watching this Community board like a hawk with a view to picking up customer disatisfaction and dealing with it appropriately. 
Perhaps that is not how they operate. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

They will, and they will take ownership of the problem. Unfortunately, they are only a very small team and deal with cases in strict order of receipt so might be a few days after initial contact before they are able to deal with your problem.

Message 6 of 10

They are only a small team and do not have time to look at all posts.

Its down to other customers to help with most issues, however if that is not possible, then they normally get involved if one of the CLs (Community Leaders) brings it to their attention.

They deal with each request in strict order, so it can be quite a few days before they can look at a case, depending on how busy they are.

Message 7 of 10

Many thanks to you both. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @RDM1, sorry for the problems you've had and that the old account is not closed yet.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this resolved. We're very busy at the moment and it's likely to be next week before we can get to your case.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Many thanks for picking this up so promptly John. I have sent you a private message in response to yours. 

Much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Give BT a chance, they’ve only been around (under various names and via both Private and Public ownership) for over 175 years so naturally there’s going to be a few teething issues with Home Move Orders. 

0 Ratings