cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Close mothers BT telephone account

Hi all, new to the community and hoping someone can help.  My mother has recently gone in to full time residential care and I need  to close her telephone account. I have LPA, however I'm struggling to find the right department to help me. Any advice?

cheers 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Close mothers BT telephone account

you can try phoning cancellations   https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/manage-account/thinking-of-leaving-bt

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Many thanks for your reply, I will try again with this contact, however last time I call they said they were unable to help as I wasn't the account holder.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Sprocket84.

Thanks for coming to the community.

Has the LPA already been registered on your mother's account? If it has, you should be able to just call and discuss the account. If not, give the team a call and let them know that you have this and they will let you know how to get it updated.

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I have just spoken to a guy named Gary, who is in Cornwall like myself, and he has now sorted out my mum's account for me with ease. Gary is a very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable BT employee and a perfect example of customer service when done correctly. 

Many thanks to the community for your advice and support.

All the best,

Richard

Message 6 of 6

I'm glad to hear it has been sorted @Sprocket84, thanks for keeping us updated.

Take care and have a great day.

Michael

0 Ratings