cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Complete Wi-Fi (black) disc connected by Ethernet to homehub

Go to solution

I have a room which is far away from my recently fitted BT home hub 2 (full fibre 100) and use an Ethernet cable to link it to my BT Wi-Fi disc and have excellent Wi-Fi in that room.

I use BT digital voice phones in the rooms near the home hub - I believe that they use DECT technology to connect with the home hub not wifi? but the digital voice phone in the annex is out of the DECT range of the home hub.

Is it possibly to link the digital voice phone in the annex to the black Wi-Fi disc which is attached by Ethernet so that it will work effectively?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Complete Wi-Fi (black) disc connected by Ethernet to homehub

Go to solution
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@allanforbes 

No, that would not work as the phones use DECT from the home hub.

If you need a phone in the annex, then a wired phone connected to the phone socket on the back of the home hub would work, but you would have to run an extension cable to it.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

You're correct in that phones connect by DECT, not WiFi. Unfortunately the SH2 doesn't support repeaters either so the only option is to move them closer together.

If you have phone sockets by the SH2 & in the location you wish the phone to be, the old wiring can be patched into the SH2 to allow that yo be used instead. But that would require an analogue phone as well.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

But if the DV handset is put of range, the adapter will also be out of range. It's just a remote ATA.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Many thanks
0 Ratings