cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

DV HD Voice (Alexa) phone seems to reset when I try to use handsfree

Go to solution

I press the green phone/speaker button twice, and instead of getting loudspeaker, I get a little melody, the On/Off logo on the phone, and then ‘Searching for hub’ followed quickly by  ‘Synchronising handset data’ for a while, then back to the normal handset display.

The phone works OK if I only press the green button once and hold it to my ear.

I can find no troubleshooting for the issue 😢

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: DV HD Voice (Alexa) phone seems to reset when I try to use handsfree

Go to solution

Sounds like the usual shot batteries issue. f you don't have replacement Ni-MH, try a set of alkalines, just to prove the issue. Just don't put the phone on its charging base with them installed.

Message 3 of 3

Re: DV HD Voice (Alexa) phone seems to reset when I try to use handsfree

Go to solution

Thanks @rbz5416, that was it.

Unbelievable - the phone is just over ten months old, has had very light use, and my Duracell charger instantly showed flashing red - unrechargeable - when I put the supplied highpower (who they?) batteries in it.

A couple of fresh Ladda rechargeable batteries from IKEA that I had around - ones that the charger liked, and topped off - have restored normal operation, and hands free is now working again.

Meanwhile all four analogue Panasonic phones, hooked into my BT Digital Adaptor, have been running for years on the same rechargeables.

I’m glad I found pictures on here of how to prise the phone’s back off; it’s not very intuitive. And I think there are still bits of fingernail in it 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings