cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

DV phone and 2 factor authentication call back fail

I have  had full fibre from BT for several months, and they moved the phone onto Digital Voice.  I have the Alexa handset ( and BT Dect ansaphone / handsets on the adaptor ).

They all work for making and answering calls from landlines / mobiles.

BUT - the phone DOES NOT RING when receiving a call from a company with 2 factor authorisation - sending a code to the landline to enter to prove identity / security!

Alexa phone immediately shows a missed call on screen and in call list, and if I am quick it seems to say not available?

This happens with Halifax and HMRC so it's not just one company problem.

I noted the HAlifax number appeared to be from a mobile number ( it's all auto ) .

Any ideas /  help?

Yes I can set the company call back number to a mobile and it does work ... but should also work on landline as it used to do!

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: DV phone and 2 factor authentication call back fail

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

So, Nobody has seen this before?

Is it some setting or spam/junk filter on these phones??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Tried a few more companies, including NS&I, and it still occurs.

Phone otherwise makes and receives calls fine.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

just a suggestion but the DV has ability for 2 simultaneous connection so have you tried changing calling on phone from multi to single

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thanks, not tried that.

Been on to BT for 45 mins ... may just be something silly like blacklist takes withheld numbers ... even though I can see the numbers on the Alexa DV handset!

Cheers, I'll let you all know!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Ok, back again.

I finally found how to turn off multi call on the DV handset.

No help.

Calls back from e.g. Halifax bank, HMRC etc. for 2 factor authentication do not ring on the DV phone, despite the calling number being displayed IN the calls list!

Halifax also returns a message on screen that there was no answer to their call.

Any one got any ideas?

It's obviously a Digital Voice issue, or my settings in the phone or MyBT account!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

hi Jerry Lee - re digital voice & 2 factor authentification call back fail, were you able to sort this out?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi there,

I forgot to update this issue, as it was not a frequent need to get a call back to the DV landline!!

So, in short... YES.

After a couple of calls to BT help desk, who were sort of helpful, it came to a simple setting.

In the call protect settings I had blocked unidentified numbers AND foreign calls.

Guess what, Halifax call backs come from France and HMRC via spain ( ir was it NS&I ?)

Anyway BT help checked and confirmed these settings, I removed the number I had found was HMRC and NS&I from my black list, then removed block foreign calls, and Voila! it worked.

Now DO get call backs to the DV landline from HMRC, Halifax building society and NS&I.

Hope that helps people!

Cheers

JL

Message 10 of 11

many thanks from Parmesan1

0 Ratings