cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

DV voicemail - handset still showing voicemails after messages deleted

Hi,

Newcomer here. I've just moved to digital voice with a new BT advanced digital phone. I recently received two voicemail messages (my first) which I've listened to and deleted. However, the voicemail button on the handset remains lit (indicating there are voicemails) and the display still shows I have two voicemails. I have gone back to my voicemail inbox and it says I have no messages, but I can't find any way to clear the voicemail button or the spurious message on the display saying I have voicemails.

Any one else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: DV voicemail - handset still showing voicemails after messages deleted

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

have you tried dialling 1571

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Vinny_L   Have you tried rebooting your SH2?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi imjolly,

The phone has a 'voicemail' button on the keypad which automatically dials 1571. This is what I've used to listen to and delete my voicemails, using the various 1571 options.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @VeteranISPUser,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have now rebooted my Smart Hub 2, but the phone still stubbornly insists I have voicemails :(.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Update!

The problem seems to have resolved itself.

After someone left another voicemail, the spurious message showing I had two (non-existent) voicemails disappeared, and it correctly showed one message, which then correctly disappeared after I'd listened to it and deleted it.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Funny enough I had the similar problem where I checked the voice mail as Phone was bleeping, dialled the voice mail button, listened to part of the scam Amazon message and pressed 1 to delete. However on another BT supplied DV phone it continued to bleed showing I still had a message. I hadn't got another message, after listening to the Amazon message again on the other phone and pressed 1 it disappeared as it should. I'd like to block that number but have reached the shamefully low 100, and yes I know I can unblock some of the 100 but why is it so low when we all get many scam calls per week and it's getting worse. Again I know there are other blocking phones out there which allow more numbers to be blocked so why doesn't the supplied BT phones allow more to be blocked. OK, rant over, time for a beer......

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Blacklisting numbers is never going to work, the amount of numbers is almost infinite and you don't know the number to block until you have been called the one time they use a number before changing to another.

The only sensible way to screen calls is whitelisting, only allowing numbers you wish to receive.

0 Ratings