cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

DV with two phones

Go to solution

The on-line manual isn't quite detailed enough. I know I can receive a call on phone 1 and then receive or make a call on phone 2. Which is a good feature. But with this facility can I still use the phone 2 to join a call with phone 1 and if so how. If I turn this feature ON in settings does it not stop me from making or receiving calls when phone 1 is busy. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: DV with two phones

Go to solution

when on a call have you tried going to menu/options and selecting from options shown  don't think it works if other phone connected to phone socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, I tried this morning. The options don't have 'join' on phone 2. But I'll try again to make sure. I suppose my question is "if I set up Join a call in settings, does it prevent me from receiving or making calls on phone 2"
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
By the way I'm using the new BT DV phones. They connect to the router via DECT not WiFi or the plug at the back of the router
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I use 2 alexa DV phone so well aware it is dect not wifi but you never said if you were using 2 DV phone or an existing phone connected to hub socket which I think makes a difference  why don't you just phone home with mobile and then try phone 2 and if that works get someone else to phone you but I suspect both phones will be 'in use'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Hi yeah sorry I should have titled my heading as DV with two DV phones. That might have helped.
I think the only way of working out the way the phones work with multi call, joined call etc is to try it in use over the next few weeks. Thanks for help however.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

OK, I've tested this and it works incredibly well. With two DV phones set them up with Auto Join =ON. Use the settings menu to do this. Then when you receive a call on DV phone 1, you then have options on DV phone 2, press the green receive/dial button on DV phone 2. You will then hear a dial tone should you wish to make another outgoing call. However if you wish to join the call that DV phone 1 is on, you will see a text "join call" next to the right hand option button. Press this button and the phone will beep letting the other phone know you are joining the call, you will then be able to talk together.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@jad22 

great I thought it worked for me but you needed to try it for yourself to make sure