cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Digital Phone Caller ID problem

Go to solution

I have recently moved to full fibre and digital voice and from the start I have had no Caller ID, following a Tech visit and conversations with BT tech I had a new/second phone sent to me this is exactly the same. I contacted tech help and was advised that my Caller ID was not active, we checked My BT there was no way of activating it from my home PC, very helpfully the operative was able to get permission to call me back sadly there were problems:  

Hi Fred! Its ***** from bt, i tried to call you today but it doesn't let me ring your landlines and your mobile goes straight to voicemail. I've set up caller display for you but if you're having any troubles please don't hesitate to contact us!
Have a happy healthy christmas  

Now nothing has changed on my BT Home page and when I use the *#234# to find out if I am truly active  I'm advised that this is the wrong number. I'm 73 and not that tech savvy...Help Please!

Frederick Powell

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Digital Phone Caller ID problem

Go to solution

@FMP 

Its not enabled by default, you have to enable it.

See https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-use-my-calling-features-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

The BT Operative has set up Caller ID for me. I have followed your link however there is this message:

Caller Display shows you the number of the person calling, so you can decide whether to pick up the phone or leave it to your answering service. If the caller is listed in your handsets Address Book, Caller Display will also display the name of the person trying to contact you.

Note that numbers will not be displayed if the call is from payphones, some switchboards, non-BT networks or where a caller's number is withheld.

Caller Display is free for all Digital Voice customers. 

For more information etc.

But there is no way to activate or manage it there or indeed via the link immediately above any further idea's

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

The page links look broken.

I will inform a moderator.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @FMP and welcome to our community.

Sorry there's some confusion with your Caller Display. I can help. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @FMP Thanks for confirming that the caller display is now working, I was glad that I could help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Once Caller Display has been activated on your line at network level, you can 'superficially' deactivate it (in the unlikely event that you should want to) by dialling #234# on your telephone keypad.

*234# will reactivate and *#234# will confirm the current status.

That's how it works on PSTN and I assume that Digital Voice is the same.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@Tim123 

That may no longer be the case, as those commands are specific to the PSTN exchange software, and like all the other MMI sequences and special features, will no longer exist.

With Digital Voice, features are software controlled per account, via MyBT.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-use-my-calling-features-

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

BT still give the touch-tone codes for Call Diversion on Digital Voice:

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-call-diversion-for-digital-voice

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Then it does look like those commands are being accepted by the network.

0 Ratings