cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Digital Voice Battery Backup

Go to solution

@dephead2004 Another issue with battery backup is the actual shelf life of the Lithium or Sealed Lead Acid batteries. When the time come when you need backup, you may find that the battery capacity has gone, and you have no backup.

Time to make up a 12V pack of normal alkaline "C"  batteries which have a much longer shelf life, and are easily and cheaply changed.  This can be brought into service should you have a power cut.

Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

@gg30340 

I think you'll find  that too many people, who are not well informed, will rely upon and believe coverage maps. It's only after they have purchased the phone that they discover the truth

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson wrote:

@gg30340 

I think you'll find  that too many people, who are not well informed, will rely upon and believe coverage maps. It's only after they have purchased the phone that they discover the truth

... which they will have found out before they try connecting to "wifi calling".

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

@gg30340 

Your point being ?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

You stated " In these days of Wi-Fi calling, how many people have turned off the Wi-Fi on their mobiles in order to check that they have a decent enough mobile signal to enable them to make a call if their internet connection failed? not many I would wager".

I posted that I doubt it would be many people who would be unaware whether or not that they had a decent mobile phone signal because they would already know if they had a mobile signal at their home address.  Not least because it is virtually the first thing people check when they get home with their new mobile phone long before they try and connect the phone to their home network and set up "wifi calling" .

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

That statement is truly worthy of Captain Obvious, the real problem is that many people know that mobile reception is bad where they are so they consult the coverage maps to see which network they should go for only to find that it's all very much of a muchness. What network do those people go for knowing that , do they perhaps not bother at all?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

I really can not be bothered with this. You posted one thing and now you are trying to justify it when it has been pointed out there is a hole in what you posted.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Whatever

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

If you want to use cellular phones as a back up who your supplier is important, I was happily with EE until I suddenly lost all signal, on investigating I found they had removed their local mast.

On talking to their customer services the very helpful lady said she would have to read from her script as no one including her would believe it, it said "It was to enhance customer service" She just gave me as large a goodwill payment as she was allowed to and I switched to O2.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

@Bob1001 

I can believe it. 

I don't know about EE but an agreement was reached last year between O2, three and Vodafone to share their masts so if you get poor reception on one of those networks then it follows that you will get poor reception on them all regardless of what the coverage maps might tell you. 

You are not restricted to your own operators masts for emergency calls but the fewer masts there are will obviously restrict availability

0 Ratings