cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice Call Protect

I have a digital phone line which I very, very rarely use.  I checked today and saw a number of missed calls, all from London numbers, checking online I saw they are all spam related.

So I decided to use Call Protect on the phone, but when I select it, the phone chimes then the BT logo appears and the phone comes up with synchronising handset data, I've tried turning the phone off/on again but the same happens.

It worked perfectly in the past, so not sure what has changed, any suggestions?

Edit: I have since discovered it's not just call protect. The same happens if I try to change the ringtone, or check if call waiting is enabled, etc.

It's this phone here: https://newsroom.bt.com/bt-launches-advanced-digital-home-phone-with-alexa-built-in/#:~:text=BT%20la...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice Call Protect

Are you using the BT Smart Hub 2 and, if so, can you see your telephone number where it says 'Phone' on your hub manager homepage (192.168.1.254 from a browser)??

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @mickc1306 

The Call Protect button on the handset only works during an incoming call. To block missed calls you need to log into My BT, Manage Products/Digital Voice. Under Call Protect select Recent Callers and you can then blacklist each number.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

That's actually incorrect.

https://youtu.be/ChKvBS5pXa8?si=GQJZcFXq7L8BRFjM 

The problem was actually faulty batteries, I didn't realise it used replaceable ones until reading the manual.  I tested the batteries included and under load the voltage was insufficient.  I ordered some others from Amazon.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I had the same problem at the weekend when answering an incoming call on my DV phone in the bedroom which I've had for a few years now.  After a few minutes the call dropped and the handset rebooted.  A change of batteries and overnight charge sorted all of that out.

RIC9380

0 Ratings