cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Digital Voice Dial In Problems

My 89yo mum has just had BT Essentials Digital Voice phone installed due to recently qualifying for pension credit. She got a new number as it was a new account but we requested her old number be re-assigned...

She cannot seem to receive incoming local calls dialled on landline phones, with a message stating her number is not recognised....phoning via digital or mobile gets through ok but not local landline. I have been onto BT and they have suggested it may be a 'porting ' glitch but have failed to remedy this, stating they have passed on to Openreach....every time I phone in on my mums behalf to chase this up I have approx hour long phone queue then a relatively useless individual on the other end who is more concerend with selling me new products rather than fixing my mums phone issue ...

Any ideas, please!!!

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Digital Voice Dial In Problems

I take it you are aware that digital voice will need the area code even for local numbers?

Message 3 of 18

Yes, got that, my sister has been phoning locally on her landline, and using dialling code, gets same response. If she dials on mobile she gets through.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Welcome to the community, @KennyPar9 

When was the last time that you spoke to our Customer Care team about this and what did they say the next steps are?

Chris

Message 5 of 18

can your mum receive any incoming calls from another landline ( not mobile)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 18

Hi Chris
Thanks for the welcome
I spoke to Customer Care last Tuesday and they advised probably resolved within 5 days..I will follow up again today as incoming calls were still affected yesterday
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

My mum isnt receiving incoming calls from local landline calls (inc where dialling code is added)....I can phone her ok on my digital voice but my sister and mums friends who have landlines need to phone via mobile
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Hi @KennyPar9

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you been able to follow this up?

Katie

Message 9 of 18

Hi 

I followed up yesterday and still no resolution of fix of the issue....BT 'guide' couldn't escalate call to Openreach who still hadn't addressed the issue after 5 working days. Raised as a complaint but as yet we still have the problem

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

The saga continues....two phone calls yesterday,

BT 'guide' advised that the Tech team (TMC?) had closed the enquiry without taking any action to fix the problem  (!).

I was assured that the complaint would be raised again and attended to.  Problem still not resolved. Despite their friendly demeanour the guides have been simply ineffective

The inability of BT to address this is frankly astounding...either they are technically inept, or their internal communication processes are woeful...perhaps both.

Meanwhile my 89 yo mum has a faulty phone system (which she didn't actually want replaced - when trying to reduce her £330+ quarterly phone bill and have BT Essential installed we were told there was  no option but to have full fibre)

'Customer care'.....you gotta be joking

0 Ratings