cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Digital Voice Dial In Problems

What phone number is this , you state that a new number was allocated and that you tried to get back the original ( PSTN ) number , so which is it ? .
From what ‘landline’ numbers are incoming calls failing ? , are they BT customers, or customers of companies like Sky , Talk Talk , Vodafone etc .

There are some things that are just not under BT control, there was a post where a customer couldn’t get incoming calls from one particular mobile network ( that a family member used ) ultimately they had to accept a new landline number ( which worked from that mobile network ) because the mobile company were not interested in investing a call routing problem .

I suspect in your case , if you managed to get the original landline number reallocted , that information hasn’t been acted upon by every network operator and some ‘see’ that as a non working number .
BT essential is a social tariff and is technically no different to any other product, if you didn’t want FTTP , eventually even on the copper pair , the telephony would be via Digital Voice , and in that respect, having FTTP is irrelevant.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Her original number has been reallocated.
I dont know what landline numbers are particularly failing, or if my mums elderly friends are BT customers or not...either way its a shabby state of affairs when none of this was ever explained as a problem prior to her switch to BT Essentials., and your suggested analysis has never been offered as the source of the issue by any of the BT 'guides' I have spoken to...
These are technical issues which most customers myself included shouldnt have to be concerned about...BT should seek to problem solve these at source and not leave elderly vulnerable customers to discover after the event
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

your phone problem is nothing to do with the change to the home essentials package and it was a result of the change to digital voice.  it is the switch to DV that is causing the problem which, if you read the forum posts, you will see this does happen to a few people.  do you know if the original number is shown in hub manager - 192.168.1.254 into address browser bar

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 18

Thanks for your ongoing interest and suggestions....I live 100 miles away from my mum so unable to try the test you suggest. I will try to get a family member or friend to do this . Assuming original number is shown ...or not...what is the next step? And back to my original gripe, why aren't BT trying to problem solve this?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

is your mother registered here  https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 18

No she's not registered for this, first I've seen of it thanks.
Worth doing in the longer term but doesn't resolve the immediate problem however
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Hi @KennyPar9

It's definitely a good idea to get your Mum set up on that priority fault service. In the mean time, I've sent you a private message to try and get you some help with this current problem.

Chris

Message 18 of 18

Issue now resolved after 17 days...it was a 'porting' issue.

Despite the initial trouble getting any traction/progress with the complaint, Moderator Chris passed on complaint to Executive Complaints Team.  I got direct call access to a very helpful person and issue now resolved 24 hours later with a compensatory gesture towards my mums account.

Phew...

Thanks to all who offered advice