cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice - Extension setup

I was recently upgraded to FTTP. My old copper line came into the property via a "Master Socket 5c - Mk4" which has all my internal extensions wired into it. The new line now connects via a modem too a "BT Smart Hub 2". The Phone port then goes out and works to a single telephone ok. In order to reconnect the internal extensions. I have removed the old incoming line from the master socket and connected a cable from the smart hub "Phone" port to the same terminals using the Red & Green wires. However this does not appear to work. Please can you advise where I am going wrong. Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice - Extension setup

if you have stripped the wires then they should connect to terminals 2&5

however you should just have connected a cable from hub to phone socket on the master socket

explained the the digital voice FAQ   https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/m-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

I already had a cable with the phone plug on one end and stripped on the other, so was using that. The extensions are already connected to 2 & 5 on the master socket and I therefore connected the line from the smart hub to A & B where the incoming line would normally be connected. As it is not working I am guessing it needs more than just the two wires. Thanks for your help I will pick up a male to male and plug in at the front.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

You need the cable from the hub to also connect to terminals 2&5 same as the current extension cables. Getting new cable is probably a better cleaner solution and connect hub to master phone socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings