cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Digital Voice HELP Req'd - best use of current equipment / compatability etc.

Go to solution

@gg30340 

Sorry I thought that the breadth of knowledge shared on this forum encompassed all of BT's products.

I'll go check out the BT business forum & see if there is a solution to be sourced from their range which can offer compatibility with BT DV + an external antenna connection.

If not then I'll go with the plan detailed in my post to rbz5416 using a wired 2nd WAP + booster.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Re: Digital Voice HELP Req'd - best use of current equipment / compatability etc.

Go to solution

Digital Voice is a BT residential product. BT business has its own VoIP solutions but not DV.

It is not, of course, necessary to have BT DV at all and use a third party VoIP provider with your third party kit.

Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@GARRY_AND_SUSIE 

I've never had a SH2 so will bow to others knowledge re WiFi channels.

But I'd suggest upgrading the ancient Netgear for something dual band, & preferably a proper WAP/mesh according to your needs rather than doubling up routers. 

BT Business doesn't use DV but a completely different cloud phone service. So there won't be a business product to solve your issue.

As for another router with ATA, the Fritzbox routers have inbuilt DECT & analogue ATA similar to the SH2, but no good for DV as previously stated.

Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
@licquorice Thanks, I think I can work with that & set it to 1 or 11 & hope that the SH2 has channel sharing software on board to play nicely with the neighbours routers on 2.4Ghz, if not I'll tun off WiFi all together on the SH2.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@rbz5416
> BT Business doesn't use DV but a completely different cloud phone service. So there won't be a business product to solve your issue.

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll not waste any time on the business forum then, & maybe it could still be added to the FAQ before anyone else drags themselves down the same rabbit hole that I did.

If not - I've bolded your reply above & marked it as accepted just in case anyone stumbles this way in the future

> I'd suggest upgrading the ancient Netgear

Yeah the Netgear is a bit long in the tooth, (a bit like me) & since retiring the Mrs is in house browsing mode so all this may become moot if she decides on a shift of location so I'll hold off buying anything new just yet but I sincerely appreciate the advice.

Thanks must also go to @licquorice  & @gg30340  for their valuable input & info.

This place really is most helpfull to those of us stumbling through something new & BT related.

I helped out driving the testing & providing conclusive proof back on the old Fon usage overcharging error thread that got locked after BT admitted the fault & (long since archived)

& it's great to see so many of the old guard who stood with us then are still here providing the depth of knowledge & years of experience that the "kids on the end of the phone" haven't yet gained.