cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Digital Voice Handsets

I personally believe that the Digital Handsets are not fit for purpose. As soon as there is break to the service all the phones need to be totally set-up again, and again and again until eventually they connect. However they do not all connect at the same time or even on the same day!!!  In the mean time you have to wait until the battery dies for the really annoying setup pinging to stop.

SORT it out BT before you end up in the coroner’s court when an emergency call fails and god forbidden a Fatality occurs.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital Voice Handsets

Anyone dissatisfied with a DV handset doesn’t have to use them , if it or they were supplied for free ,remove them and  simply use whatever phone you had previously , if you paid for a handset , explore returning it it them to the supplier , for a refund.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@Buddhagb1 

Given the thousands that must be in use & that you are the first that I've seen describe this behaviour, it would suggest that it's not the phones. Maybe you have a faulty SH2?

Message 4 of 10

I certainly haven't experienced that.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Then I suggest you look at historical posts.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I’m certainly not the first to have handsets that won’t connect to the network when the router drops out. For someone who claims to be a Guru I suggest you look at the Historical posts on these handsets
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Of course it won't connect if you have no broadband connection.

Your original post said that the handsets don't reconnect once service is restored.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

That’s correct they wouldn’t connect after the router was remotely rebooted . This is a known fault with the Handsets.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

They will not reconnect if you do a factory reset of the home hub, or have allowed the helpdesk to do a remote reset.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@Buddhagb1 Your original post made no mention of factory or remote resets, which are not necessary to restore service after a break.

0 Ratings