cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Digital Voice - No incoming calls, except from one EE number.

@Alex_HThis is the exactly my point. I am told yesterday by a lady on 150 line the case is raised to TMC. No one has contacted me since. No reference on my account. How do I know TMC is looking into this? Did a lady on 150 line lie?

Another lady on 150 I spoke a day before yesterday told me that she raised an issue to openreach. But the lady I spoke yesterday did not find any mentioning about openreach contact on my records. Did another lady lie too?

Instead of someone is fixing the problem that I have got since migration to DV the only what I have is wasting of my time on the phone and empty promises that I have to wait till next day.

It seems no one has any power to do any real work. It is sorry state of affairs, I must say.

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Hello @mistertibbs 

I have got exactly the same issue since migration to DV a few weeks ago. I have just been on another call with 150 line and the idea has come. My number used to be with Virgin 8 years ago before moving to BT. I am wondering can the fault I have now is because something was not done properly 8 years ago while moving the number from Virgin to BT. I want to ask you, if you do not mind. Have you ever been with Virgin before moving landline to BT?

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Afraid not. We have moved house in the past couple of years and brought the number with us. I’m wondering if that could be the problem. ie They didn’t port it to the new address properly. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Hello @mistertibbs

I have the issue corrected yesterday around 15:00. The correction was on Openreach side, as I am told. Hopefully it was not only for my single number, but in general for all like you and me.

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Glad yours was fixed. This is one reason I am so glad DV has been delayed for a year or two more as i am dreading losing one or other of my two landline numbers and I never want even for 60 seconds to have to make a call to BT. I wish you could pay eg £300 to have a special manager who comes to the house and sorts all issues out within a few hours.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Thanks for the update. No change here, but have another call scheduled on Sunday so will mention the open reach thing to them. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

@Jane2018 

Hi Jane

I did not want DV at all. My opinion we have lost a backup option that we could use if there is no power in a house. But I believe there is much bigger reason for removing physical phone lines from common people. I am sure a lot of "important services" are still to use physical lines. But this is just a "conspiracy theory".

I rejected BT's original "everything will be nice in DV world, for the same price!" offer but agreed only when the monthly bill was cut 50%. This is the lesson for those who is still on physical line - do not agree on first offer but negotiate the price reduction. At least you would get some compensation for the loss.

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Had  my call with BT today, who said he needs to speak to open reach, who aren't there at weekends. One of his colleagues will pick it up and call me tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime I wanted to speak to someone regarding getting the cost of our plan down, and was put through to the "value team" in Hull.

I was transferred to someone who was chewing, tutting and sighing, asking how my phone was plugged into the wall. I explained that it was paired to the router, tutted and sighed again, and said "no, but how's it plugged in to the wall". Sounded like a disinterested, hungover teenager.

I told him to forget it and hung up. If this is who's looking after customer retention, then good luck BT.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

I have the exact same issue, can receive calls from EE mobiles but nothing else. It's been 2 weeks now, numerous calls with Tech Support and even a visit from an OpenReach engineer, bot no joy. I just get told that it's been handed over to the offline team then don't hear anything. I then have to call in again, go through the same questions and checks and then be told it's again been referred to the offline team. Going round in circles here.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

"In the meantime I wanted to speak to someone regarding getting the cost of our plan down, and was put through to the "value team" in Hull.

I was transferred to someone who was chewing, tutting and sighing, asking how my phone was plugged into the wall. I explained that it was paired to the router, tutted and sighed again, and said "no, but how's it plugged in to the wall". Sounded like a disinterested, hungover teenager.

I told him to forget it and hung up. If this is who's looking after customer retention, then good luck BT."

Haha I had a similar experience, only tech support put me through to them as apparently they could save me money on my bill by 'transferring' to EE. The offer was a new plan with everything I have now and 40% off for the 1st 3 months, it would then be £21 a month more than I am paying now on a 2 year contract. So their offer to save me money would have actual cost me an extra £300 over the course of the contract!

0 Ratings