cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Digital Voice - Not Configured On Hub - BT can't seem to fix it !!!

Go to solution

Hi there

Did your issue ever get fixed? I am having exactly the same issue with BT and I am at the end of my tever! They keep insisting it is a local configuration issue or something I am doing wrong. Despite having had a BT home expert come and factory reset everything and got the same results as me and said it must be an issue on my account or at BT's end.
No one seems to be able to fix it which is crazy!
Did they fix yours and if so how?
I would really appreciate it if you could spare time to reply and let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Steve, they eventually sorted it out after a couple of months ! It was some problem where they had two accounts for me, and were trying to apply the phone to the wrong one, and their system was getting confused.

They also said was something to do with porting over the phone from copper lines to the fibre. They never did manage to get my old phone number put on the account though.

I spent hours on the phone to them with people trying different updates and getting nowhere. I think you just have to keep on at them until you find a technician there who knows what they are doing

Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Hi

I have been having this problem since my copper connection was converted to fibre on 19 July

Fortunately after  many calls to BT and being passed from pillar to post I was very lucky to manage to talk to an advisor who had a technical background 

He carried out a number of tests and was of the opinion that the problem laid with the BT servers

He promised to call back today, Friday, when he informed me that the faults team had numerous calls regarding the same problem since I first reported it and it seemed to be a national issue and not anything the end user had under their control

The issue had been escalated to BT Wholesale to investigate and solve the problem 

I was promised a call back on Monday to let me know the latest position 

I will update this post when I have more information 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Hi

I am glad they resolved your issue.
Yes I know exactly what you mean. Mine was fixed this week. Eventually BT actually sent out an Open Reach engineer. The serial number on my FTTP Open Reach modem did not match their records. So I was getting someone elses service. Hence no Digital Voice and the slower speed. The Open Reach modem was replaced and correctly matched up with my account and hey presto it worked a treat.
Like you say it is just a case of keeping on at them until you either get someone who knows what they are doing or when they actually listen to what you tell them.

Thanks,

steve

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

As promised an update to my earlier post

The issue has now been resolved after the problem was passed to the Technical Management Centre (TMC) and Data  Integrity (DI)

So if you have a similar problem you should push the advisor  to  escalate the problem to TMC and DI

Also ask the advisor to take responsibly for progressing the problem and to act as your primary contact

The advisor I have been talking to has been excellent and has agreed to call me in a weeks time to ensure noting has gone pear shaped 

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution
HOW does one turn off smart setup
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

smart setup is no longer shown on hubs so no need to turn off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings