cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice Renumbering

Go to solution

Just asking this here for some clarity from other users experiences as speaking to call centre staff has done nothing but repeatedly given me conflicting statements and endless frustration in the month since my service began.

Can a you renumber a digital voice line when you've moved from one provider to another? In this case TalkTalk to BT.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice Renumbering

Go to solution

@xp_version1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Once you have moved, its too late. The request to keep your number needed to be requested when you placed your order so that TalkTalk could release the number to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

It was requested by me, this whole thing has been a farce since day 1 of service. But thank you for your answer

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@xp_version1 

Was the number originally issued by BT Retail?

Has it been less than 30 days since you lost your number?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I've been told the number belongs to TalkTalk so I assume they issued it? I'm unsure as I've been a Sky customer with that number for 12 years. And yes, currently less than 30 days.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@xp_version1 

As the number does not belong to BT Retail, you have no chance of getting it back. The 30 days only applied to BT owned numbers which were originally physically connected to a BT Retail exchange.

All providers are moving over to VOIP phone services, as the analogue PSTN network is closing down.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@xp_version1wrote:

Can a you renumber a digital voice line when you've moved from one provider to another? In this case TalkTalk to BT.

What you're describing is a number port, rather than renumber.
Yes it's possible but it doesn't always work, which is why there is no guarantee, it depends on the range holder and other factors.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks. I just wanted some clarification. It's annoying that I can't have the number but these things happen.

The frustration is from spending hours and several calls over the past month chasing BT, being repeatedly told contradictory information and assured that it would be fine, including that a renumbering from TalkTalk would actually work and then still ending up here. But I'll be making a complaint for that, this isn't the place.

0 Ratings