Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Digital Voice adapter won't pair with my Hub

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

A couple of observations. BT tech support (via online chat, yesterday) stated DV adapter can be used with non BT hub. Is BT tech support to be trusted? But more important probably if BT forcing all landlines/broadband users to have SH2. Will that get past the CMA (competition watchdog)?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

BT tech support is a misnomer, I can assure you the information in the FAQ is correct .

The subject has been debated to death on the forum. If you want BT proprietary VoIP (Digital Voice) you have to use the BT hub as the first device connected to line.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

BT are not forcing ‘all lines’ into using a SH2 , only BT customers that want to use BT for telephony using DV will have to use BT SH2 , after all if you chose to use BT , then requiring the SH2 is hardly an imposition, after all there are a huge amount of competing companies in this industry, don’t like BTs T&C’s there are umpteen other Communication Providers out there 

Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Old thread I know, but the topic is relevant.

BT have informed me that DV changeover will happen soon. Accordingly I have requested (and received) a DV adapter. However I cannot get it to pair with my SH2. (Doing the pair routine I see the quick flashing LED, then it seems to go solid for a short period, then it reverts to 0.5s on, 2s off).

If I go into my Hub Manager the Phone section is greyed out and says Not Configured, with nothing happening if I click on it, so I can't try the earlier advice to look in there. Does this stay greyed out until DV is actually activated for my line?

TIA.

Edit: a search suggests this is the case. The DVA can't be paired until DV is activated.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Connecting-a-Digital-Voice-Adapter/td-p/2176584

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@siteguru 

I think you need to wait for DV to be implemented before you try pairing anything.

When I had DV I must admit I waited before doing anything so don't know for sure whether you can do it beforehand but I'd suspect not.

Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Just to close this out (for anyone interested) ... my DV service went live this morning. (I got an email about my "broadband" service but I knew what it meant, and then a later email about DV). I checked my landline and it gave a dialling tone but didn't receive the call when I tried to call home from my mobile. I then plugged in the DV adapter and it connected straight away - it obviously remembered the connection settings from my previous attempts.

I then did a test call (mobile to home) and all was OK, albeit the phone rings about 3 times as far as the mobile is concerned before the actual home phone rings.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings