cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Digital Voice & Voicemail Second Line

We chose not to use the new BT dec phones and continued to use our Panasonic cordless together with the Panasonic  answer phone.  All works well except when we are on the telephone callers hear a ringing tone and not the engaged tone, we are told by callers the ringing tone just goes on and on - I cancelled Voicemail on line and this seems to be the result.

Am I doing something wrong or do we have to live with the second line just continually ringing?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Digital Voice & Voicemail Second Line

Hi @Andy1234   You need to connect a DV HD Phone and turn off Multi-call. DV allows two incoming lines by default.

Menu -> Phone Settings -> Line settings -> Call settings -> Call mode -> Single call.

Message 3 of 11

many thanks for quick reply. I am a complete novice at this sort of thing, what is a DV HD Phone ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Digital voice phone provided free by  BT when getting digital voice connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 11

Many thanks, I will do this in the morning

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I have now set the call settings, call mode to Single call.  Still have the same problem, when someone rings our phone when in use they do not hear the engaged tone - they hear a continually ringing tone.

This is a little worrying for my son as when he hears a continually ringing phone he thinks something maybe wrong and jumps in his car and drives over to make sure we are ok.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

That change has worked for others so not sure why not working for you.  Did you remember to save after making changes?

You may need first to try going to hub manager then select phone number and then reset base station.  That will reset the dect part of hub and then you will need to pair phones again and try changing multi to single again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Sorry for being a nuisance, looking back I don't think I have been very clear.

What I have is a Panasonic base unit connected to the hub via a BT Digital Adapter. I had also registered the two free phones to the hub

Have now deregistered the two phones leaving just the Digital Adaptor registered to the hub.  The Panasonic is connected to the hub and all four of the Panasonic cordless phones work OK ................ however problem remains

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Disconnect the Panasonic, follow the advice given in message 7. Once completed, re-connect the Panasonic.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

Hi @Andy1234   You need to connect a DV HD Phone and turn off Multi-call. DV allows two incoming lines by default.

Menu -> Phone Settings -> Line settings -> Call settings -> Call mode -> Single call.

Hi @Andy1234   

We suspect that you didn't Save the change to Single call. Would you please double check that it now says Single call.

Untitled2.png

0 Ratings