cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice and Door Intercom and Entry System

Hi

I have a dedicated BT phone line for a door entry system. The system allows visitors to press a button on the external intercom  and it will then dial a "hunt group" of 4 mobile phone numbers in sequence  until it gets an answer.  Once answered, the call taker can speak to the person at the door and then if required press "00" on the mobile phone handset to release the lock on the door and allow them access.

The system also allows mobile phone users to "dial into" the door system and then press "00" and again open the door.

This system was £1500 to install a number of years ago and it now seems as if Digital Voice will make it redundant, is that correct?

Is there any sort of adapter that allows the analogue technology to  work on digital voice or do I need to change the door entry system to an IP Entry system? If so any recommendations???

Really could do without this hassle, stress potential extra cost.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice and Door Intercom and Entry System

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

You need to speak to the provider of the system. It is quite possible it will still work with Digital Voice.

However, if it is a standalone phone line without broadband, it is unlikely to be converted to DV in the short term.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The equipment suppliers web site is withdrawing it's analogue systems and pushing IP due to BT digital push, so no IP support for  my existing intercom.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It has not yet been decided how DV will be provided for telephony only customers, but may well involve either an ATA at the exchange this emulating your current analogue line, or a local device with built in ATA like the BT hub has.

Your system itself won't be able to natively support Digital Voicein any case as it is a proprietary BT system. Any solution will be via analogue emulation.

0 Ratings