cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Digital Voice –for 97 year old vulnerable - 2 months and still not working

Moderators have been in touch, security info accepted and I've received a few messages identifying the suspected issues and the actions that have been requested that they hope will get it all working next week.

So fingers crossed 🙂

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Sadly you are not alone.  My 92 years old in laws have been ported and left without service twice in recent weeks with no service since the 13th.  I have been passed from pillar to post by the support teams who appear to have little grip on what needs to happen to restore the service and concerningly little appreciation of the urgency of doing so.  This is simply staggering given that the problems appear to have existed since last year.

I sincerely hope that you receive help soon and if as a result you can provide me with a contact who can help me I would be extremely appreciative.   

All the best

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@IanPenfold 

I have replied to your own thread and ask mods to assist

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

@IanPenfold  I am pinning my hopes on the moderators here who have contacted me. The BT Online chats seemed to be blindly following scripts and were simply not actually listening to the faults my mother is suffering. The responses from moderators here give me hope, I can see from your thread that yours has been referred to the moderators too  - so fingers crossed for both of us.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

This is very useful. It confirms to me (as I never like to queue or wait for anything) that I would never want to call for this kind of customer "assistance". These 1 and 2 hour calls are typical of companies wasting customer time and just reading from a script. If the answer after a vastly long call is reset it or plug it back in it seems a huge waste of everyone's time to make anyone endure a call of that length.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

The messages I received from the Moderators said they hope to resolve the issues by Friday 22/3 latest, hopefully earlier.

I tried phoning from a Canadian Landline on Monday 18/3, whereas previously I would get a "number not assigned" message, now it works 🙂 🙂 🙂

I asked some other people in UK to phone from their landlines and as at Wednesday 20/3 they got through OK too - some of the others who previously weren't able to phone haven't fed back to me yet - but it appears to be a lot better - and WOW the response from the Mods here has been a 1000times better experience than the Online Chats - so many thanks to the Mods 

Message 18 of 19

Good to hear & yes, they do a cracking job.

But just bizarre that there is no escalation process within BT. Makes you wonder how many are unaware of this forum & are just left with unresolved issues?

Message 19 of 19

Thank you so much for your kind words @HillClimb and @rbz5416. I'm very happy that this is now working for your Mum.

I'm going to send you a private message but wanted to update the Community in case anyone had something similar.

In this case, the number wasn't ported correctly but all tests showed that it had. Even speaking with our suppliers number porting team the issue wasn't found so I needed to escalate it. There is a specific team (ROBT team) that we need to contact by email when we suspect this issue and all else has failed. At first, they couldn't see a problem but after I contacted them again, they raised it with a team that they called the ORSI Team. That team then re-ported the number correctly for us. I am sorry that it took so long to get to this stage but I'm happy that this looks to have been fully sorted now.

Thank you

DanielS