cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Digital Voice landline stopped working shortly after installation

Hi losing the will here.  Full fibre and digital voice installed 11 May and although I had brief landline service initially it has not worked since.  Broadband all working fine. Openreach engineer has been booked twice and refused to come out on the day as said Digital Voice is not their area.  I do have a BT lady who calls me a lot and was looking into porting issues etc but after exhausting all issues she booked the openreach engineer again who again refused to come.  Where do I go from here.  The added complication is they had to close the account on my old contract and open a new account for the full fibre, do you think this is anything to do with it, when I go to my bt the old account details come up even though I have received final bill etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  DV Handset says no service on line, when I plug old phone into SH2 it sayS check line.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Digital Voice landline stopped working shortly after installation

Message 3 of 13

if you go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into your address bar do you see your phone number on the left or maybe 'not configured'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 13

sorry where do i do this?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

it lists my phone number

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

if you can see your phone number have you tried selecting that and does it then show service ready?  if so then select 'start registration' - you need to have DV handset in hand and that should connect your phone to your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 13

It says service not ready

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

have you tried restarting your hub?  have you tried after selecting your phone number then reset base

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

yes thank you I have tried both of those
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

then nothing more you can do apart from contact BT  DV problems are normally done by FTTP TEAM  08005874787