cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice performance issues

Ever since moving my voice service to DV, I have more frequently had problems where I cannot hear the caller or they can't hear me, and similarly when making calls. It appears that DV is less reliable than PSTN. Does anyone else have similar experiece?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice performance issues

I've never had any problems like that in over two years with DV, what handset(s) are you using and have you tried another handset?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

do you have the advance DV handset as that has a facility to increase volume and also change tone which may help.  don't think available on base DV phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I'm using the same Gigaset handsets that I had before the changeover. It isn't a volume issue, it's just that the caller can't hear me and I can't hear the caller. It happens intermittently. Its almost as though my broadband connection is degraded, which is also something that appears to happen when using the internet. My speedtests are all over the place, except when I use the official BT tester.

I do have the advanced DV handset, but haven't linked it to my base station for the Gigaset, which I use for the answering machine.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You should pair the advanced DV handset with the SH2 and see if that works better than existing phones. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If I use the DV handset, when I answer a call using it the answering machine will still kick in unless I unplug the base station for the gigaset handset, of which I have two. If it's a case of either/or, I would prefer to use the gigaset, which I was assured would work just as before. I could try to pair the DV handset with the base station, but then I would have to have another charger plugged in, and I don't have enough sockets.

I expected DV to be an improvement, but so far I'm not getting it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Do as imjolly suggests. From personal experience (since 2018) I've found that the DV Advanced Handsets work perfectly when connected to the Smart Hub. I've also got a Gigaset system connected up for another VOIP connection and everything works fine for me.

0 Ratings