cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution
It's about interface standardisation- analogue telephony has one - there are digital telephony standards too that should be implemented in networks before any ommercial rollout.
0 Ratings
Message 142 of 400

Go to solution

Please cite which ITU standard and paragraph you believe that BT doesn't comply with.

0 Ratings
Message 143 of 400

Go to solution
The Net Neutrality rules that warrant freedom of choice of network terminals.
0 Ratings
Message 144 of 400

Go to solution

So we are not talking about ITU standards at all then.

You have a complete choice of network terminals. You also have a complete choice of alternative VoIP providers.

Message 145 of 400

Go to solution

I am not talking that deep down Digital Voice is a non-standard technology (albeit BT seems to be selling that as if it was best thing they invented since sliced bread) - they seem to be unwilling to open it up to be accessed using alternative hardware.

I don't think I have freedom of choice of the terminal since BT imposes SH2.

We are not talking here about changing ISPs either - about their compliance with law - _dura lex sed lex_

0 Ratings
Message 146 of 400

Go to solution

@S_G I'll ask again are you willing to pay the thousands it would take to support using all the hardware available? Remember that would need to be training all staff etc too

0 Ratings
Message 147 of 400

Go to solution
But that's a legal requirement and not the choice. If that's too much strain on the business model then copper lines should stay (and no - I am not a proponent of PSTN).
After all I didn't need to pay to get my Gigaset phone connected to BT network (or Doro or Panasonic or even Echo Connect device).
0 Ratings
Message 148 of 400

Go to solution
But they wouldn't have to.

Only support their stuff, if you have a problem with your own kit, your problem.

Which is how it is now with the BT hub. I would not expect any support with my connection unless I put the BT hub back in.

When DV comes to our house, its likely that it will mean the end of our use of a 'landline' (hardly gets any use anyway)
0 Ratings
Message 149 of 400

Go to solution

They make £2bn annual profit, let them suck it up.

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 400

Go to solution

@S_G wrote:
But that's a legal requirement and not the choice. If that's too much strain on the business model then copper lines should stay (and no - I am not a proponent of PSTN).
After all I didn't need to pay to get my Gigaset phone connected to BT network (or Doro or Panasonic or even Echo Connect device).

Please cite this legal requirement (for what I know not) that you keep plugging.

Do you seriously think that BT's lawyers would allow it to break the law?

0 Ratings