cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 251 of 400

Re: DV and 3rd Party Router - Brick Wall Response

Go to solution

Yes for question 1, no for question 2. Digital Voice does not use WiFi, it is DECT.

Message 252 of 400

Go to solution

@licquorice  & @imjolly Thanks for the replies, had an idea that maybe the case once I started going through the settings and doing a bit of research but I'm not familiar with DECT and had seen that BT use's a non standard version.

Anyways thanks for the answer. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 253 of 400

Go to solution

@jimboraewrote:

@kpturner  You sir are a legend. Switched over to BT today and was pretty concerned as have a UniFi network & use a Dream Machine router. Followed your instructions & I was back up & running with minimal fuss within 10 mins. 

Couple of questions though

1. On the port forwarding rule does it require filling in (1 - 65535) for both Internal & External ports? 

2. If I want to use the digital voice phones I was sent I presume I also need to keep the WI-FI on the Smart Hub 2 switched on? If so can I only keep the 2.4Ghz network switch on & turn off the 5Ghz and let my UnFi Wi-Fi broadcast as normal on both frequencies?    

1) Yes
2) No - the digital phones use DECT not the WiFi

Message 254 of 400

Go to solution

You should not need the port forwarding rule on SH2 if you have setup DMZ.  My port rules on my ASUS are all behaving as they should as everything from SH2 is passed to DMZ etc.

0 Ratings
Message 255 of 400

Go to solution

@juiceof2limes You should not need the port forwarding rule on SH2 if you have setup DMZ.  My port rules on my ASUS are all behaving as they should as everything from SH2 is passed to DMZ etc.

I'll give that a try when I have some time & see what effect it has if any. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 256 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

I am in the same situation with a replacement Netgear router and retaining BT Voice. I was going to give your solution a try but I have a few questions. 1. Is the DMZ in the Smart Hub? 2. The port forwarding is set in the new router? 3. You say that your Netduma then manages DHCP from 192.168.88.1 why that address, is it automatic from the Netduma?

0 Ratings
Message 257 of 400

Go to solution

DMZ is set within the SH2.  I am not using Netduma.

This is my setup.

I am not using WIFI from SH2 either.

My ASUS router was already setup using address range 192.168.1.x and issuing DHCP, therefore I did not want to change this.

SH2

Changed SH2 to new IP 192.168.2.254  (under Hub Gateway IP address) and disabled DHCP.
Disabled WIFI
Disabled Smart Rules
Disabled Firewall
Disabled UPnP (can't remember if it was enabled to start with)
Enabled DMZ (same page as Firewall) and device is static IP of 3rd party router. 

From now on for me to get to the web interface of SH2, I use address 192.168.2.254

ASUS / other 3rd party router

WAN connection type changed to Static

Under WAN IP Setting:
Set IP address to static address 192.168.2.1  (SH2 address range)
Set Default Gateway to 192.168.2.254 (SH2)

Because DMZ is used, didn't have set any port forwarding rules up on SH2. My ASUS still manages those successfully.

Don't forget to setup Dynamic DNS on SH2 if needed.

For IPv6 to work on my ASUS, I had to change Connection Type to Passthrough.

Hope this helps anyone trying to the same.

Message 258 of 400

Go to solution

Thanks for the info. On the ASUS Wan settings does a subnet mask have to be set along with the 2 DNS addresses? The DNS settings being the same as the gateway address 192.168.2.254 My Netgear router asks for these settings under the static Wan area.

0 Ratings
Message 259 of 400

Go to solution

Subnet Mask set to 255.255.255.0

For DNS, I am using OpenDNS, 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 but that is my choice

0 Ratings
Message 260 of 400

Go to solution

I've been using a Draytek 2952 for a while and before that a Draytek 2960, however knowing the inevitable switch to DV is coming I have used the settings that kpturner published here and my 2952 is now connecting to my ONT via the SH2 BT sent me.

However, I use a VPN for remote access to my network away from my home and I cannot get this to work does anyone have any idea what settings to use?

I use No-Ip for my Dynamic DNS Service but no idea what I need to enter in the SH2 to get VPN to work as it did without the SH2 between my Draytek router and the ONT.

Thanks for any helpful advice.

0 Ratings