cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 261 of 400

Re: DV and 3rd Party Router - Brick Wall Response

Go to solution

With my setup as stated in message 257 / 259, and using DMZ on SH2, my VPN works as expected without any additional changes as everything is passed to my ASUS router as it it was the entry point.

If your not using DMZ, you may need a port forward rule for the VPN port.

Message 262 of 400

Go to solution
Thanks, I have got it working now
0 Ratings
Message 263 of 400

Go to solution

Thanks to the very helpful information on this thread I have been able to set up my SH2 as a bridge between my Draytek 2952 and my Fibre ONT. Everything works as it did before including my VPN so I can remote connect to my home network when away from home using 4G or a wi-Fi connection.

So I'm ready to go with Digital Voice if/when it's offered to me but I have one more question. I have disabled the SH2s Firewall and turned off both Wi-Fi Channels so that it's not possible to make a Wi-Fi connection to the  unsecured SH2. The Firewall and Internet security is taken care of by my Draytek 2952.

I know that the SH2 incorporates a DECT base station for the  Digital Voice telephony service but will this work without the Wi-Fi enabled?

0 Ratings
Message 264 of 400

Go to solution

@Adrian007 wrote:

I know that the SH2 incorporates a DECT base station for the  Digital Voice telephony service but will this work without the Wi-Fi enabled?

Of course, DECT doesn't use the hub WiFi.

Message 265 of 400

Go to solution

Thanks I realised DECT doesn’t use WiFi , unfortunately my question was not well written what I wanted to know was if the activation of the WiFi was required to enable the DECT part of the hub. Based on your reply it should work regardless of the WiFi state so thanks for the clarification. 

Message 266 of 400

Go to solution

The hub dect will work whether the WiFi is enabled or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 267 of 400

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 268 of 400

Go to solution

This worked well for me too, Digital voice working fine and my Asus router doing all the work. Thank you to all the people who posted solutions.

Just as a note if it can help someone, if you use DDNS services on your own router, I had to change a setting called "Method to retrieve WAN IP" to External instead of Internal  on Asus router (otherwise it would only find the Static WAN IP, which is not what we want for this).

After that the DDNS is visible again from the outside world.

Message 269 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

They haven't paused very long ( or got a better solution / turned back on the copper phone service ) as my copper line was cut off an hour after my full fibre went in, on 6 may 22 !  Hadn't even got a phone for DV then!!!

0 Ratings
Message 270 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

If you previously had a phone, you had a phone that would work with DV. Just plug it into the hub instead of the master socket.

0 Ratings