cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 291 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

@Richyboy1974  There is no need to disable the firewall on the hub, in fact, I would recommend leaving it on as the hub will still be routing.

Message 292 of 400

Go to solution

Ah, OK @licquorice I'll pop it back on. Didn't want to have any weird double Firewall issues.

What are your thoughts on UPNP on the BT Smart Hub, on or off and Extended UPnP Security, on or off?

Thanks for the info!

0 Ratings
Message 293 of 400

Go to solution

"What are your thoughts on UPNP on the BT Smart Hub, on or off and Extended UPnP Security, on or off?"

I have never had UPNP turned on in any of my routers and it has never caused me an issue - try it - if things don't work as you expect u can always turn it back on

Message 294 of 400

Go to solution

@Richyboy1974 wrote:

What are your thoughts on UPNP on the BT Smart Hub, on or off and Extended UPnP Security, on or off?

Only just seen your edited post, agree with @coog  turn it off.

Message 295 of 400

Go to solution

Is this setup all working now? I have the same ASUS router plugged into ONT after disconnecting smart hub 2 yesterday. Working well but unfortunately cannot use landline any more and  avail of the free hybrid connect feature which is disappointing.BT sport app still works so at least that is something. I note the change of IP addresses  needed to get ASUS router working with BT hub ( to allow landline and hybrid connect) .Not technically minded ..so not sure if it's worth the risk of messing it all up..i can possibly live without the landline ..all i need is for someone to tell me the hybrid connect addon is rubbish and not worth the effort, then i will be happy 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 296 of 400

Go to solution

The hybrid connect add-on is rubbish. 😃😃😃

Unless you have a lot of problems with your line and need to keep multiple devices working, it's not really worth it. At the end of the day, it is little different to tethering your mobile. 

Message 297 of 400

Go to solution
Seriously, thank you..i so needed to hear that 🙂 My ASUS router is working really well with my FTTP. I am only on the 150/30 package as i wanted to dip my feet in first and maybe black friday when deals are better jump on higher speed package then perhaps.I did have a lot of initial problems with FTPP..install was not straight forward and needed multiple engineer visits to fix ..lost track of how many but all settled down now thankfully.
0 Ratings
Message 298 of 400

Go to solution

@Dungivenwrote:

Is this setup all working now? I have the same ASUS router plugged into ONT after disconnecting smart hub 2 yesterday. Working well but unfortunately cannot use landline any more and  avail of the free hybrid connect feature which is disappointing.BT sport app still works so at least that is something. I note the change of IP addresses  needed to get ASUS router working with BT hub ( to allow landline and hybrid connect) .Not technically minded ..so not sure if it's worth the risk of messing it all up..i can possibly live without the landline ..all i need is for someone to tell me the hybrid connect addon is rubbish and not worth the effort, then i will be happy 🙂

I used the BT Hub with DV with a third party router running off it with no problems. Although technically "double natting" with both devices issuing network devices, I had no issues. All devices I connected to my router (wifi and ethernet). So if you wish to keep DV without getting under the bonnet too much you could try that.

ONT->SH->My Router

However I have since done away with the SH and set all "land line" calls to be forwarded to my mobile.

Works a treat. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 299 of 400

Go to solution

Thanks for feedback..so even though you have diverted all calls to mobile and disconnected BT  hub..DV still works?

That would be a great compromise...can you confirm there is no charge to divert calls to UK  mobile  number? I have asked 2 different agents but they did not know if any charge. Obviously old system there was a charge so just being cautious.

0 Ratings
Message 300 of 400

Go to solution

Digital Voice call diversion is free.

See link.

All about Call Diversion for Digital Voice | BT Help