cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 301 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

Hi,

I ditched BT altogether as the setup and poor information meant it was miss-sold. I have FTTP. I then ported my landline number over to Sipgate. Beware if BT have any open issues queries etc on your account they will block the porting process which is very frustrating, as the open issues were of their own making. The third party call charges are so low, that even if you use 700 minutes it will cost less than BT digital voice. I then got a Gigaset Voip box to plug into the router, which you can pair any DECT handset to. Digital voice with your existing landline number, but you can use any third party router for your FTTP, without all these work arounds that are needed with the BT option. It is cheaper too.

0 Ratings
Message 302 of 400

Go to solution

Sigh, you can do all that when remaining with BT, you don't have to use DV. You can use a third party VoIP provider and third party router with BT broadband only package.

Message 303 of 400

Go to solution
Thanks for link,from info below it would seem to suggest diverted calls to my Vodafone mobile may be charged?

"The Call Diversion service is free for Digital Voice customers.
Calls diverted to a BT mobile, BT Landlines or BT Digital Voice services are all free.Calls to any other service will be charged at the standard rate for calls to that service."
0 Ratings
Message 304 of 400

Go to solution

Saw this on the BT Business site

Why cant they implement bridging for home users ??? Its the same router !

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/categories/guide/a_id/54889/view/54858/c/5559/

Using Smart Hub 2 as a modem only| BT Business (custhelp.com)

Using Smart Hub 2 as a modem only

You’ll need to enable the Bridging feature.

From the Hub Manager home page, go to -

• Advanced Settings
  • Broadband
  • Routing
  • Enable Bridging

When you enable Bridge mode, your hub light will turn orange, your Hub will act as a modem only. This will disable any router features, such as NAT, DHCP, DNS and LTE mobile connections.

0 Ratings
Message 305 of 400

Go to solution

@coog 

You would also lose BT Digital Voice, which is what the subject of this thread is about.

Message 306 of 400

Go to solution

Why do people think that a hub in bridge mode will give access to the IP layer for Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 307 of 400

Go to solution
I am on BT business and my plan was to connect up the business hub 2 and asus so i could avail of DV and hybrid connect but the business hub has a few extra restrictions compared to residential like not letting you change IP address /save ..i would like to thank Richyboy1974 for a detailed step by step guide he gave me ..although i could not get it working i am now happy with current set up with just ONT and Asus router which is working well.If I decide to avail of the hybrid option i understand it can work on it's own without a router? But speeds i am getting with the Asus are great and improvement on the SH2.
0 Ratings
Message 308 of 400

Go to solution

@Dungiven 

This the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 309 of 400

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Sigh, you can do all that when remaining with BT, you don't have to use DV. You can use a third party VoIP provider and third party router with BT broadband only package.

Double sigh,

I'm sure you must have a really good reason in mind why someone would want to use two providers when one will do.  Especially when third party providers come out cheaper than BT broadband. 

BTs only loyalty peg (as marketing people would say) is that they provide a phone line.  Even PlusNet, who BT own, make a better and cheaper job of doing that.  Once someone has taken the voice line elsewhere its all down to price for 95% of customers .

0 Ratings
Message 310 of 400

Go to solution

Can someone please tell me how the setup works for digital voice with an orbi router and 2 satalites so I still get WiFi 6 and use of my phone.  Also my bttv pro isn't working with orbi router is there a fix for that. I'm a novice with this stuff. Thanks in advance if anyone helps 

0 Ratings