cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 311 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

Hi I have been following this chat and changing my new smart hub 2 and linked to TP-link router which I got today. Hoped it would cure problems over Sky Q box constantly disconnecting.

well it all worked but! Phone rings out but no incoming calls when I try from my mobile. Sky all works again but then it does random restarts. So Iv'e cocked something up.

any help out there I used first page setting

0 Ratings
Message 312 of 400

Go to solution

SKY Q uses channel 36 so you want to make sure your router is set to a different channel maybe like 48 and that should help sky q stability 

Your SH2 need to be first connection to internet and tplink connected to SH2  if you are not using hub then your DV will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 313 of 400

Go to solution

Sky Q I have connected via ethernet cable. Mini box I have on 40hz setting 

I have now changed port forwarding as messed that up 1-65535  as the 6553 is max txt size

so far no reboots. But digital voice still only working outboundvcalls and not letting inbound calls

0 Ratings
Message 314 of 400

Go to solution

Did you port your phone number to BT?

If problems with DV then you need to contact FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and they should be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 315 of 400

Go to solution

I have had enough with BT and smart hub. I waited ages to get FFTP and had to put in a complaint as they messed me about. Then they messed me about again with digital voice system. But it still causes issues with Sky Q rebooting randomly some nights more than others. But they don't acknowledge fault is with smart box.

so question...is there a modem with a digital voice from openreach you can get? So I can ask BT to get rid of there router as I have my own

0 Ratings
Message 316 of 400

Go to solution

@Mrlewisuk  If you want to retain a landline number only the "smarthub2" will allow you to do this.

There is a problem with Sky, turn off smart in your smarthub with previous hubs you could split frequencies which always seemed to cure the problems. However you can't do this with the "smarthub2".

It seems to be due to both the smarthub and Sky box being dual band BUT if Sky is not your broadband provider it will only connect to your router on 2.4Ghz however sometimes it tries to connect on 5Ghz and fails.

0 Ratings
Message 317 of 400

Go to solution

Change your 5ghz WiFi channel to something other than 36 maybe 48 as SKY Q  uses channel 36

0 Ratings
Message 318 of 400

Go to solution

@Mrlewisuk I feel your pain. Digital Voice is a VoIP service. However BT have made it so that you can only use it through their router. Which is the main topic of this thread. The issue you have is Digital Voice. The simplest solution is to get another third party VoIP service. I use Sipgate. Port your landline number to this new VoIP provider and ditch Digital Voice. Then you can use any router you want. You will probably need to get a device that plugs into your router and connects with the VoIP service and the phone handset. I use a Gigaset N300 A.

Your modem is fine. This is the small white box that OpenReach installed. All the issues you are having are around the service BT is providing. You have to use BT equipment. This may suit many users. However it restricts you to the BT ecosystem which I guess is what they want to achieve.

0 Ratings
Message 319 of 400

Go to solution
"Port your landline number to this new VoIP provider and ditch Digital Voice. "

Doesn't this terminate your service - as I would do this except for that problem..
0 Ratings
Message 320 of 400

Go to solution

At the risk of turning a thread about digital voice into a thread about Sky Q, what’s the problem there? I have a SH2 (that’s basically now a pass through switch to my Ubiquiti Dream Machine -  in situ just to placate digital voice) and a Sky Q box and I get no issues.  Maybe it’s because of the set-up. My internal network is connected to my UDM and doesn’t know the SH2 is there.

0 Ratings