cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 341 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

I have never said it is impossible or infeasible to use a third party router with DV. However, it is impossible without the use of a SH2.

It is a simple matter to put a third party router behind the SH2, but the SH2 is always required.

Even with option 2, the SH2 is still required, but instead of being the primary router, it is just hung off a LAN port of the third party router.

0 Ratings
Message 342 of 400

Go to solution

I went through hell with BT to get line installed and had to get CEO complaint as engineer called and said sorry can't install fftp as you don't don't have box fitted on pole. It took from Sept 5 to Nov to get install done. Then they still Ffed it up as no incoming phone line. So not sure they would be overly happy for me to ask for another phone line, as hub does have a dect output

0 Ratings
Message 343 of 400

Go to solution

I've had days with no problems, yet Sat night they must have been working on the line somewhere from 6-11pm as that is when skyQ box had reboot glitches

0 Ratings
Message 344 of 400

Go to solution

its got to be the SH2 router.

0 Ratings
Message 345 of 400

Go to solution

yes sat night. i was the same. 

0 Ratings
Message 346 of 400

Go to solution
Hi I disabled the SH2 wifi and rely solely on TPLink APs for wifi. Works a lot better than relying on crappy SH2 wifi!
0 Ratings
Message 347 of 400

Go to solution
You're well behind the times. We are talking about using routers bypassing via lan connections bypassing sh2 but DV is still in use. But issue of Sky Q glitch
0 Ratings
Message 348 of 400

Go to solution

very sorry bt  seid   the sh2 router.

0 Ratings
Message 349 of 400

Go to solution

I have since found out that ipv6 can cause issue on your own router. I may have had mine on wrong option, so as a trial to see if it made any difference to glitches I set it to bridge mode as this lets more traffic through 

0 Ratings
Message 350 of 400

Go to solution

Well that test failed as Sky Q box today rebooted twice so far

0 Ratings