cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 361 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

Iv'e had no problems with my Sky box crashing after turning IPv6 off, and no issues with any sites so far? So I must be missing out on something 🖖

0 Ratings
Message 362 of 400

Re: DV and 3rd Party Router - Brick Wall Response

Go to solution
i think DV is rubish. service.
Message 363 of 400

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Bit tricky reaching IPv6 only sites with only IPv4

There's a world of difference between "IPv6 only" and "IPv6 compliant" (a la Sky).   

A quick search for "IPv6 only"sites revealed a list of about half a dozen, all of them looking like they were for youths who sit in front of a monitor all day in their underpants and dream of meeting a Kardashian.  If there's any you know of that are critical for anyone who actually has a life, please post a list and maybe we can ask the community to make a start on finding work-arounds.

For the mass market, IP 4 will die about the same time I take my gas boiler off the wall and replace it with a domestic sized antimatter warp core for space heating.

In the meantime I'm confident BT and Openreach will have got their heads around the idea of customers needing/wishing to use non-proprietary connection hardware.  Either that, or they'll have given up on the idea of land lines completely and we'll all be using VoIP anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 364 of 400

Go to solution

@ChunkyTheCurmudgeonwrote:

@licquoricewrote:

Bit tricky reaching IPv6 only sites with only IPv4

There's a world of difference between "IPv6 only" and "IPv6 compliant" (a la Sky).   

A quick search for "IPv6 only"sites revealed a list of about half a dozen, all of them looking like they were for youths who sit in front of a monitor all day in their underpants and dream of meeting a Kardashian.  If there's any you know of that are critical for anyone who actually has a life, please post a list and maybe we can ask the community to make a start on finding work-arounds.

For the mass market, IP 4 will die about the same time I take my gas boiler off the wall and replace it with a domestic sized antimatter warp core for space heating.

In the meantime I'm confident BT and Openreach will have got their heads around the idea of customers needing/wishing to use non-proprietary connection hardware.  Either that, or they'll have given up on the idea of land lines completely and we'll all be using VoIP anyway.

You mean you don't already have a domestic sized antimatter warp core for space heating? They are very common down my way.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 365 of 400

Go to solution

Hi all

Thanks for the guidance in addressing this problem. It's been driving me nuts for some time now and I'm almost (but not quite) there.

I have added an Orbi Pro router to the SH2 and it's performing beautifully. However, the changes (implemented as directed by @choppyc right at the beginning of this thread seem to have crippled the DV service and I wonder if I've missed something. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

My DV service is provided by a Yealink W60B base station attached by ethernet to the SH2

Settings as follows:

Orbi static IP 192.168.1.1, gateway 192.168.1.254 with connection between SH2 LAN1 and Orbi WAN

Yealink WB60 default network settings, IP address is private (and seems to be device assigned and static) connected to SH2 LAN2

BT SH2, DHCP disabled, UnPNP enabled (it won't allow the Yealink to connect otherwise), firewall off, port forwarding (all ports) to 192.168.1.1 TCP/UDP, DMZ setup for 192.168.1.1 (although I understand this isn't strictly required)

Attempting to call out results in an error 'Not available' and an engaged tone. Hard rests of both handset and base station and the usual power cycling of all the equipment did not resolve the issue. I didn't see any reports of anyone else having problems with DV and know that there are other BT supplied DV systems out there other than the one I've got so this might be unique to me.

Any ideas or guidance would be much appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 366 of 400

Go to solution

@rustproofFish 

If you are a BT Business customer, they have their own forum. This is the BT Residential Forum.

http://business.forums.bt.com/

You would be using Cloud Voice not BT Digital Voice.

Message 367 of 400

Go to solution

Ah! Thanks for the redirect. For what it's worth, this was far more helpful at resolving the issue (aside from Cloud Voice of course!) 😉

0 Ratings
Message 368 of 400

Go to solution

I've currently got a Netgear Orbi as my router. I definitely want to keep it for the WiFi as the MESH (satellite upstairs) is really good.

Instead of setting up the static IP and all that rigmaroe in previous posts, is it possible to use the BT Smart Hub as the router but turn off WiFi, then plug the Orbi in to one of the ethernet ports in Access Point mode? Might be simpler.

I guess if I did that I'd lose all the parental controls etc.

Why BT didn't just use handsets that use normal ethernet, I don't know.

0 Ratings
Message 369 of 400

Go to solution

Unless double natting is a no no for you try running the Orbi in router mode. Worked for me. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 370 of 400

Go to solution

@stevebrass are you saying have the BT hub as normal, and the ethernet from that into the orbi, but leave the orbi in router mode? Could work.

My DV switchover was today, but they seem to have not actually sent me a handset or hub, so need to call them

0 Ratings