cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 231 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

Have they changed policy on what happens if they don't detect the smarthub?

I have a smarthub 2 on the way to my house to 'replace' the broken one they cannnot detect (they cannot detect it as I never took it out of the box three years ago).

CS looked and cannot find any evidence I raised a fault - it just *appeared* on my account - he thought it might be related to DV.

0 Ratings
Message 232 of 400

Go to solution

So the router arrived and it's packaged with leaflets that say I need to set it up so they can swap me to digital voice... 

0 Ratings
Message 233 of 400

Go to solution

@Alansmithee  Although there are ways round it only the smarthub2 has a socket to plug your home phone in, it is under a pull off sticker. Unless you use this the phone will not work when converted to DV.

However I don't know if the change over is now going to happen, there is a thread saying the change over is suspended.

Message 234 of 400

Go to solution

@Bob1001 

I do not even plan to take it out of the box - I thought this would be useful to other people to know. 

My contract ends soon and I'll make the phone a VOIP number and switch provider. 

Thanks for pointing out other thread - I wonder if this means that my switch is not actually happening anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 235 of 400

Go to solution

Seems they are sending out SH2 to customers ahead of the move to DV if they are not detected.  I got one through the door last week,  followed by a request to return the “faulty” one.

Message 236 of 400

Go to solution

Like you I have just been sent a SH2 in the post. No communication on why or what to do with it and I already have one anyway (still unopened in the box). BT communication is dreadful. I have no idea what will happen from BT next.

Message 237 of 400

Go to solution

So if we don't plug this in - will this automatically trigger another fault and another box? 

0 Ratings
Message 238 of 400

Go to solution

Groundhog day....

0 Ratings
Message 239 of 400

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 240 of 400

Go to solution

@redvers76wrote:

https://newsroom.bt.com/were-pausing-our-digital-voice-plans-for-consumers-while-we-work-on-a-more-r...

See previous posts in this thread by liquorice https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/85653

He/she is determined to persuade you that it's going to happen to everyone by 2025 whether you like it or not.  I have much less faith in Openreach, since it took them five months to even locate my property, let alone get on with the job. 

Granted, there is an imperative to replace old, obsolete equipment which logically, they ought to do first.  But if, like me, you are on a copper wire not terribly far from a reasonably recently updated exchange, you might decide it's worth a chance to ride it out until 2030 or beyond.  By then they will be up to about Smart Hub 9 and with a little luck will have started listening to customers.  🙄

0 Ratings