cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Digital voice adapter needs new BT contract

There was no indication that you have the Halo 3+ benefits , like unbreakable broadband and complete WiFi ( both are extras and not always offered by alternative ISP ) so any price ( same as every ISP ) would use for their headline ‘offers’ wouldn’t include these items.

TBH it’s a bit disingenuous to complain about price without first pointing out the ‘extras’ that are responsible for the high price , ‘standard’ BT FTTC Fibre 2 ( up-to 80Mb ) without phone is £29.99 , with phone £5 more , it’s on the website.

Post the text of the letter that offered the option to remove telephony ( or post an image of it , removing any personal information) , there was a post on here , or possibly another forum , where AFAIR , they took the opportunity to remove telephony when the DV migration letter offered it , no extension to the minimum term , obviously if someone takes this option ( no telephony ) they wouldn’t need a DV adapter .

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

I don't have Halo 3 or any special extras. I just have broadband with the standard smart hub 2 and wifi discs installed by the BT engineer who said I needed them to get the wifi to reach my living room for the laptop and tv to work. It's not even fibre broadband as I can't get that here yet, it's a wire coming from the top of a telegraph pole.

I don't have unbreakable broadband either. BT sent me a little mobile phone-type gadget a few years ago when my broadband was down but wanted it back and when my broadband went down again last year they said they weren't using them anymore and  I was left without any service until they fixed it. 

As for cost, the only 2 contracts BT are offering me both cost over £70. Maybe their broadband is available to other people at £29.99 but they're not giving me that option. I can only find prices like that if I search as a new customer using a neighbour's address. Even more reason to leave!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Hi @sandy88   I believe that only BT are offering an Adapter to move a phone or base station away from the Router. The others do not give you the choice.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

The selection of offers presented to you are not the only products available, chances are they are what an algorithm concluded that would interest you and they are not the only products available , you can always call BT ( retention/ customer options) if the small selection on the personal offer isn’t what you want …..

TBH , whatever you pay , presumably at the time you took that deal it was acceptable, out of contract prices are invariably poor value compared to being within a minimum term , but that is true regardless of the major ISP’s , if you don’t want the hassle of negotiating and don’t believe you should have to contact the ISP , simply move ISP and take a new customer offer , presumably at the end of that minimum term you would move again , because it’s inevitable that their out of contract prices will be worse than what’s available to new or existing customers that contact them.

0 Ratings