cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital voice issue

Switched to BT for broadband and digital voice from 14 March ….except that DV didn’t start and still hasn’t. BT simply can’t tell me why DV hasn’t started. BUT although my (analogue) contract with previous landline provider has ended due to the switch we’re still able to make analogue calls.

Is it possible that BT is providing an analogue service - is there a way of checking that, given that no one in BT from the CEO down seems to know what’s going on?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital voice issue

Dial 150, if you are answered by BT customer services then BT is providing the analogue service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for replying. Moments after posting, our analogue line has in fact died. So I’m back to nagging BT to set up our digital service (currently we’re 18 days on from the promised start date!!). Having a landline service may seem irrelevant these days but we’re getting on in years and our friends and family have been using our number for over 35 years!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

are you dealing with FTTP TEAM 08005874787?  if not then give them a call and see if they can help as they deal with DV.  if diverted to CS then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Peterlbennett 

So what are you seeing in the SmartHub 2 in the Phone tab?

Sometimes you might need to do a reset of the SH2 to kick DV into life or at least a reboot.

0 Ratings