cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling BT broadband.

Hi,

I've been out of contract for a few years now & with city fibre having recently been installed in this area (waiting for it to go live) does anyone know if cancelling the broadband part of my BT package would then start a new contract on the landline? If that is the case then am I correct in assuming I could, once I've had fttp installed via a city fibre isp ,to then start the migration process of my landline number to a voip provider which would cancel the BT landline & any other services supplied over it i.e. my g.fast fttc broadband.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling BT broadband.

if you want to keep your phone number then you are right in that you need to transfer your phone number to VOIP provider which in turn will automatically cancel your BT broadband contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

@smartiewrote:

does anyone know if cancelling the broadband part of my BT package would then start a new contract on the landline?

It would yes, it's a new package and would be a 12 month minimum term.

Message 4 of 5

So my second option of migrating my landline number away is the way to go, would the need to give bt 30 days notice still apply if migrating the landline number to a voip provider. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@smartiewrote:

So my second option of migrating my landline number away is the way to go, would the need to give bt 30 days notice still apply if migrating the landline number to a voip provider. 

No, when the landline number is ported it will cease your BT phone and broadband services, along with anything that depends on it such as BT TV or the BT Sport app.

0 Ratings