cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital voice overrides set ringtone

Go to solution

We have the BT Advanced Phone with 100% call blocking; the base unit is plugged into the back of our router.  The phone system is set to ring a  normal 'British' ringtone.  But all calls are heralded with an 'American' ringtone.  Is this standard, please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital voice overrides set ringtone

Go to solution

you must have digital voice if connecting to socket on back of SH2 so can you not use the free DV handset you received from BT to change the ringtone to something different as there are 15 tones to choose from.

does you advanced phone base actually ring or is it just the DV phones?  if base does not ring try using old style filter between hub and base and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.  It's actually a FritzBox router from Zen, and there is a dongle between the router and the BT base unit.  The base and the three phones all ring.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

BT's Digital Voice can only be used with the SH2. Are you using a third party VOIP service?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Arthur494 

Are you a BT Broadband customer, as you mentioned ZEN?

Its possible you are posting on the wrong forum.

If you are a Zen customer, with their phone implementation, then you need to post on the Zen user forum.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/forums/zen-internet.77/

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks, I did not realise. Sorry!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

On second thoughts, I'm not in the wrong forum.  It's called "Home phone and mobile" and I have a problem with the bahaviour of my BT branded DECT 'phone.  I have also asked AVM who provide the Fritz Box.  Any more suggestions please?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Taking the title of your post at face value, it is Zen providing the overriding ringtone, hence you need to take it up with them.