cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Duplicate phonebook entry (BT Everyday Cordless)

Go to solution

I have a new BT Everyday Cordless (triple) phone. I am trying to add another entry to the phonebook (I have already created 3 entries without difficulties) but every time I try and add one particular number it says it's a duplicate entry, even though that number is NOT in the Phone Book. The only difference with this number is that I received a call from it before trying to add it to my phone book. I deleted the entry from my Call List (which is now EMPTY) but I still cannot add this number to my Phone Book. What is wrong and how can I add this (very important) number to my Phone Book?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Duplicate phonebook entry (BT Everyday Cordless)

Go to solution

Hi @CliffWM 

Welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having trouble saving numbers in your phone. I'd recommend getting in touch with our team so they can try and help. You can see all the ways to contact them here Fix landline | BT Help.

Lesley

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Just for information, and for anyone else having this issue, I have now solved the duplicate entry problem. The number that I was trying to add was not in the phone book or call list but it was in the Call blocker > Black list. I don't know how it got there but deleting it from the Black list meant I could then add the number to my phone book without getting the duplicate entry error message.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks so much for sharing this @CliffWM 

I'm pleased you managed to get to the bottom of this.

Lesley

0 Ratings