cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: EE's 1.6Gbps service 'not compatible' with DV/HP or 3rd party VOIP?

@MDE500 I can confirm, as my VOIP hardware phone (Fanvil - not relevant) is working pretty much fine, on 1.6 Gbps package which has been live over the last 24 hours for myself...

Don't forget, as with actual hardware supplied by EE, You will not benefit from 1.6 Gbps too much, whilst all LAN ports are 1 Gbps only. You need a third-party solution, that avoids using EE Hub Plus whatsoever if You want hard-wired devices at full speed.

On the WiFi side, the hub when delivered, tries to limit You to 80 Mhz channels, but after upgrading self over a few moments, it will unlock 160 Mhz channels to use.

You need a 160 Mhz wide channel, if You want to utilise 1Gbps+ usually...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

that said, on a 3+ years old Oppo phone, I am maxing on 800 Mbps down, and 120 Mbps up via Wifi.
On a little more up-to-date Xiaomi, with WiFi6 support, maxing on 1 Gbps down, 120 Mbps up on third party AP, and about 700 Mbps down, and 99 Mbps up on EE Hub itself..

even HUB itself is 1589 Mbps down, 125 Mbps up...

Waiting to my new multi-gig router to be delivered, to allow me avoid EE Hub, and get full potential out of that speed
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Wifi 6e (Not plain wifi 6) and wifi 7 should in theory allow you to achieve near gig or over gig speeds further away from the router too. Wifi 7 is due to be released next year and the first devices supporting it should be coming out then or the year after.

WiFi 6 vs 6E vs 7 Explained: Real-World Speed Testing! - YouTube

0 Ratings