cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Extending Home Phone / Digital Voice Signal

Hi

I currently have my home phone plugged into the router for the digital voice service. My home phone has 2 handsets. 1 the base is obviously by the router but the second phone is in my garden office. Approx 15m from the base.

The signal to the second phone is very poor to non existent. 

My computer in the garden office gets its internet using a TP link - ethernet connection. 

Is there a phone that I could purchase that uses ethernet connection and that will work with BT digital voice?

Any other suggestions to fix my problem would also be appreciated?

Nathan

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Extending Home Phone / Digital Voice Signal

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

did you get a free phone or adapter when you moved to DV?  if not get the free adapter then plug it in between hub and office and then connect your existing phone base that which should give you coverage to your garden office

you can phone 150 and request adapter - the adapter pairs with the hub by DECT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@NathanR1  Did you use a phone in your Office prior to Digital Voice? If so did it work any better?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the reply,

I have spoken to BT and they are sending me some free handsets that connect using wifi. I'll give that a go and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

No, I have only recently moved into the office

Message 7 of 9

It will be interesting to see what these WiFi phones are. 

Message 8 of 9

they are NOT wifi phones they connect using DECT just like other cordless phones  I suggest you read the FAQ poste by @jac_95 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

The shed at the end of my garden is getting on for 25 metres from the SH2, with most of the house, a conservatory and a small forest of shrubs in between. The supplied BT DV handset will readily connect from there (though you wouldn't want to take advantage of it without some decent PPE 🤕). For what it's worth, I also have a Panasonic base plugged into the SH2 and sitting next to it, and its associated handsets also work from said shed.  

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.